Upgrade at check in

OK BOOK IT

We are sailing out of Buenos Aires on Feb 15th. Is there any chance at all for the Upgrade Fairy to tap her magic wand on our shoulders and move us from CC cabin to a suite? Do you think that this has ever happened? Or am I thinking about "Fairy Tails".

Upgrades are given if the ship needs to fill some "guarantees". And that is if a suite is available in your case. And that is if you are the lucky ones chosen. That's too many ifs to hang my hat on. I wouldn't count on it, and accept the unlikely surprise if it DID happen. Have fun no matter what!

I suppose it's remotely possible, but that would definitely be a significant whack over the head by the upgrade fairy! Who knows, if you check at the pier to see how much the upgrade would cost, it might not be that much?

Anyway you look at it, have a wonderful cruise!

We are sailing out of Buenos Aires on Feb 15th. Is there any chance at all for the Upgrade Fairy to tap her magic wand on our shoulders and move us from CC cabin to a suite? Do you think that this has ever happened? Or am I thinking about "Fairy Tails".

Upgrades are given if the ship needs to fill some "guarantees". And that is if a suite is available in your case. And that is if you are the lucky ones chosen. That's too many ifs to hang my hat on. I wouldn't count on it, and accept the unlikely surprise if it DID happen. Have fun no matter what!

Fairy tales do come true...;) Our first cruise with Celebrity 5 years ago on The Constellation we were upgraded from a CC to a SS. We have no idea why. Of course, now we're spoiled, and we've booked a SS on The Galaxy for our upcoming March cruise. :D

It happened to us in 2004 on a Medi cruise on the Millenium! We booked an aft cabin a year in advance and when we were checking in we found out that we were upgraded to a Royal Suite. At first I thought we were downgraded as the Royal Suite's cabin # was lower than the aft cabin #. Cruising will never be the same again!

Does Celebrity upgrade without asking? I will be upset if I get to the ship and find that my CC has been upgraded to a Century Suite. An SS or Royal Suite would be alright though. :D

Hi Sea Island Lady !

You can be upgraded without you being advised, although I do feel they should advise you. I have read some reports here on CC of passengers being upgraded, and it came as a total surprise to them.

I am pretty sure that if you have a choice cabin, you can advise Celebrity that you do not wish to be upgraded. I highly doubt you can give them parameters as you mentioned above. If you said no upgrade, that would probably stop you from getting any upgrade. You may wish to speak with Celebrity (or your TA if you have one), about this.

Celebrity doesnt upgrade much these days, so its probably nothing to worry about. Enjoy your Cruise !

I can give everyone a bit on news regarding updates based on my January cruise. When I arrived to check in, I inquired regarding upgrades. I was told none were available, as the ship was full, but that I should check with Guest Services.

I did just that. A very nice lady told me that they were full for the sailing. However, she said, 52 guests were getting off in the Dominican Republic and only 24 were getting on. (I never understood this comment---you can check out on certain ports? Maybe someone can explain this?) She told me that if I upgraded before a sailing the full charge was expected, but that if I did it after we sailed--in this case, when they checked out and the suite became available, it would be complimentary. She winked at me and said "at the DR port, you would still have half a cruise to enjoy the bigger suite" I honestly thought I would switch just to experience the RS. However, by the time we got to the DR, I had bonded with the butler and could not get motivated enough to pack all of our things to move. Our butler did let us in to see the suite, which I photographed and posted on my review.

Just checked My Celebrity and my reservation. We are still listed in the same cabin, so I gather we are safe with our CC. ;) The ship is sold out as of today! They must be figuring on some cancellations, because they still show a Guarantee Inside and a Guarantee Oceanview. :rolleyes:

I will ask the pier coordinator if they had any cancellations for an SS when we arrive and then again at Guest Relations. Never hurts to ask! :)

Archived