Pride thread only

pkrchkr

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with the attraction, Swimming with the Dolphins" in either Cabo or PV. It has always been my dream to be upclose and personal with those magnificent marine mammals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

I have not done one in PV or Cabo but I have a friend who is on the Repo Disney cruise now and she did. She loved it! I am doing it in Freeport next year for my DD's 16th birthday. I have had an experience in Freeport once before but DD has not.

Has anyone sailed on pride this past week? If so how was the weather, I keep checking weather dot com to see how things are going going because I am sailing 9/7...:confused:

You can go over to the roll calls and post on the week thread and see if anyone shows back up and sees your question. You might get an answer quicker this way.:)

Great to see this Pride only site. Thought I'd better read the whole thing before asking my question. Lot's of information.

What kind of food is the Breakfast Buffet on the Pride? Besides the stand in line omlet.

This is the second Carnival cruise for us. The first was the Destiny. We were very disappointed with the Breakfast Buffet. We were expecting a Sunday Brunch like at a 4+ Star Hotel. We had taken a cruise in Hawaii many years ago. Very small ship, we thought the Destiny would be much grander. It was except for the Breakfast.

The fruits were bananas, melons (hard and no flavor) oranges, and apples. Small mini pastries, muffins, both very dry. The hot food was the same everyday. That wasn't bad at all. But I was hoping for more variety.

Thanks for the information.

They are obsructed but not totally.You can see out but not down. Some are more obstructed but 5191 is not so much the life boats are a bit shorter, so you can see over them.I would gladly give my 7A up as we are hoping our TA will be able to upgrade us today,we are in 5191.

Hello all. We are thinking about going on the Pride. Looking at 7A cabins. Are these really obstructed?

Thanks.

Some are and some are not. If you go and look at the deck plans and compare that with a picture of the ship you can chose the rooms that have the lifeboats with out the top. Those are much less obstructed than the lifeboats that are covered.

Great to see this Pride only site. Thought I'd better read the whole thing before asking my question. Lot's of information.

What kind of food is the Breakfast Buffet on the Pride? Besides the stand in line omlet.

This is the second Carnival cruise for us. The first was the Destiny. We were very disappointed with the Breakfast Buffet. We were expecting a Sunday Brunch like at a 4+ Star Hotel. We had taken a cruise in Hawaii many years ago. Very small ship, we thought the Destiny would be much grander. It was except for the Breakfast.

The fruits were bananas, melons (hard and no flavor) oranges, and apples. Small mini pastries, muffins, both very dry. The hot food was the same everyday. That wasn't bad at all. But I was hoping for more variety.

This is NOT a flame but there is your problem. You expected way more than what they offered you. I always expect the worse that way you are always happy.

I am not a fan of the breakfast or lunch buffet. We have found if you eat in the diningroom it is much better. Yes it takes longer but the food is much more appetizing.

You will find a lot of the times fruit is disappointing when it is not in season. Sometimes it is when it is in season...just like if you were to buy it at home in your produce market. Same with the pastries.

Sorry you were disappointed but you try a few tricks and you will be much happier. You can also have an omelet made at the omelet stand. This is also much better than the buffet.

Maybe its because I get up so early, but I seldom have more than 4 or 5 pax IN LINE ahead of me at the omelette station on the PRIDE. I never go to the dining room for breakfast when traveling alone, but have when I'm with someone. I love Carnival's omelettes (and their whole buffet for that matter). I've always found great fresh squeezed orange juice and tomato juice, although I've never tried the melons. I enjoy the view from the buffet as opposed to the dining room which could be hit or miss.

I'm sure this has been asked and then answered already...Does anyone know where the laundry rooms are located on the Pride?

There's a link I believe on Wikipedia for all of the ships, but I can't access it on my work computer.

Since you're only asking for the Pride right now, here's the info:

Spirit Class:

Riviera Deck 1: Across from 1219

Main Deck 4: Across from 4230

Upper Deck 5: Across from 5270

Empress Deck 6: Across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7: Across from 7267

I was just wondering if any of you have had any experiences with the attraction, Swimming with the Dolphins" in either Cabo or PV. It has always been my dream to be upclose and personal with those magnificent marine mammals. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kathy

My daughter and I did the dolphin swim last week. Like you, it was my dream to someday be with them. It was everything I expected and I can't wait to do it again.

The price directly through them is the same as if you book thru the ship. $165 per person. They say 30 mins in the water but I think we were in a little longer. There were 8 people in our group, and 1 dolphin. We had Maya. What a sweetie :-).

They take you up to the pool where you get a little briefing on what you will be doing. Then they give you life vests to wear, you shower, and you get in the water. We first swam out and formed a semi-cirle and Maya swam in front and in back of us so we could pet her. They tell you not to touch her mouth, eyes, or blowhole.

We went back to the edge and were called out in pairs. Holding a big stick up over our heads, Maya came out and jumped over us two times. We also had individual pictures taken with her up close, we got in the water where she kissed us and we kissed her (several pics), and of course the dolphin ride. We swam out to the other side of the tank and waited for her to come around. We grabbed onto her fin and she pulled us in. That was the bomb!!!!!! I was cracking up hysterically. It was so fun. You had your choice of riding on her back, or a belly ride. Her belly was so soft I was afraid I would squoosh her so I did the back LOL.

Here are a couple pics. If you have any other questions, PM me and I'd be happy to answer for you.

Simmy :-)

275884145_meandmaya.jpg.009e57fc73dc9e917df3cacf6af7a09e.jpg

1368823694_mewithmayaswim.jpg.b9957564855abf32541c7da3a744e918.jpg

Thank you so much for the info.

Happy sailings!!!

There's a link I believe on Wikipedia for all of the ships, but I can't access it on my work computer.

Since you're only asking for the Pride right now, here's the info:

Spirit Class:

Riviera Deck 1: Across from 1219

Main Deck 4: Across from 4230

Upper Deck 5: Across from 5270

Empress Deck 6: Across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7: Across from 7267

My daughter and I did the dolphin swim last week. Like you, it was my dream to someday be with them. It was everything I expected and I can't wait to do it again.

The price directly through them is the same as if you book thru the ship. $165 per person. They say 30 mins in the water but I think we were in a little longer. There were 8 people in our group, and 1 dolphin. We had Maya. What a sweetie :-).

They take you up to the pool where you get a little briefing on what you will be doing. Then they give you life vests to wear, you shower, and you get in the water. We first swam out and formed a semi-cirle and Maya swam in front and in back of us so we could pet her. They tell you not to touch her mouth, eyes, or blowhole.

We went back to the edge and were called out in pairs. Holding a big stick up over our heads, Maya came out and jumped over us two times. We also had individual pictures taken with her up close, we got in the water where she kissed us and we kissed her (several pics), and of course the dolphin ride. We swam out to the other side of the tank and waited for her to come around. We grabbed onto her fin and she pulled us in. That was the bomb!!!!!! I was cracking up hysterically. It was so fun. You had your choice of riding on her back, or a belly ride. Her belly was so soft I was afraid I would squoosh her so I did the back LOL.

Here are a couple pics. If you have any other questions, PM me and I'd be happy to answer for you.

Thank you so much, I am really looking forward to doing this, this has been a dream of mine since I was a kid.

Awesome pics! Did you do it in PV or Cabo? We're going to do the dolphin encounter in PV, I think. (My son's too young to do the swim, unfortunately.)

Awesome pics! Did you do it in PV or Cabo? We're going to do the dolphin encounter in PV, I think. (My son's too young to do the swim, unfortunately.)

We did it in Cabo. I wanted to do the PV one, too, but we ziplined that day.

At Cabo, I believe they have other programs available (like non-swimming ones, but where you still get up close to the dolphins). Check out their website just in case you decide to do it there. It's www.cabodolphins.com. I do know there is a kids program but not sure what all is involved with that.

Have fun !!!

What a GREAT post!! We will be on the PRIDE Oct. 5th and was wondering if anyone has been in cabins 8152 or 8154? I hope this is a good location! Someone told me being higher up on the boat was bad for people who get seasick? Uh oh!!! I better bring xtra medication!!

My RCI friend is going on her first Carnival cruise on the Pride. On RCI she only books junior suites. She is interested in seeing pictures of the bathroom in catagories 11/12. Can anyone direct me or share such a picture.

thanks in advance.

Hello to all you Pride cruisers,

It is really great to see this thread has kept going since January.

We are counting down the days till our cruise,Final payment is being made on the 16 and then even if I requested e-docs...Can I still do the Do dance?

We have a roll call going on the roll call boards if anyone else is joining us

Let's keep this going it is a great way to exchange information!!!

My wife and I will be going on the Sept. 28 Mexican Riviera cruise on the Pride. Not familiar with the LAX and Long Beach area and I'll be in San Diego the week before with wife arriving at LAX on 9/27. Am trying to work out details on how I'll get to LAX area from San Diego and also where best to stay and get to the Pride on Sunday 9/28. Any thoughts or recommendations out there? Currently contemplating one way rental car and just staying around LAX Saturday night. Thanks for any help. Craig

Well let's see,

alot of the people use the queen mary to stay before the cruise. Most of the people so far that are on our roll call are using Courtyard by marriot,we are in El sugundo(sp) and are taking the super shuttle to the port( they about an hour or so).

trying calling the super shuttle and see if they can hook you up.

Don't forget to leave a review or all of the pride cruisers to follow.we would love to hear how your experince is.

My RCI friend is going on her first Carnival cruise on the Pride. On RCI she only books junior suites. She is interested in seeing pictures of the bathroom in catagories 11/12. Can anyone direct me or share such a picture.

thanks in advance.

These are from the cat 12 Penthouse on the Spirt, the Pride's sister ship.

2152960950055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

2150621420055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

2393396220055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

2099071920055441959S500x500Q85.jpg

Yesterday, while on this site, I can accross a link to a site that showed exactly where the Carnival Pride was located on a map. It showed how far it had sailed since leaving Long Beach. It also showed how far it had sailed since leaving Mazatlan and how far it was to Cabo.

I should have written down the website, but I didn't. Does anyone know the website address that I'm refering to??

Thanks for your help.

Archived