Walmart In Ft Lauderdale close to pier???

thesawch

Hi,I need to pick up a mask and snorkle and there are non here in Canada at our walmarts(out of season).Is there a walmart around the Ft Lauderdale area in the Pier area or close??We are staying in Ft L the night before our cruise this coming Saturday and can take a taxi over if there is one nearby.I bought a couple of masks and snorkle from walmart last year and they are great.However i need one more and they may have them.

Yes i know about renting them but i can not imagine anyone renting a mask and snorkle taht is put in a pail of water and they tell you it disinfected..that is so gross.Thansk Thesawch

Hi,I need to pick up a mask and snorkle and there are non here in Canada at our walmarts(out of season).Is there a walmart around the Ft Lauderdale area in the Pier area or close??We are staying in Ft L the night before our cruise this coming Saturday and can take a taxi over if there is one nearby.I bought a couple of masks and snorkle from walmart last year and they are great.However i need one more and they may have them.

Yes i know about renting them but i can not imagine anyone renting a mask and snorkle taht is put in a pail of water and they tell you it disinfected..that is so gross.Thansk Thesawch

If you tell me where you are coming from (hotel/airport) and how much time you got I probably can direct you to a place down there.

If you are renting a car, you could go to Sawgrass Mills Mall which is about 20 minutes from the airport. They have everything at that mall. Otherwise, there is a Target and a Sports Authority a couple miles north of the airport on North Federal Highway.

We are staying at the comfort suites airport and cruisport on 1800s federal highway.

I am not a member of costco and we are not renting a car.We get in Saturday at 2;30 PM and we need to be at the cruiseport on Sunday by 11 am so we can hit the local walmart saturday night or afternoon.I will be taking a taxi if it is too far to walk.Thanks thesawch

We are staying at the comfort suites airport and cruisport on 1800s federal highway.

I am not a member of costco and we are not renting a car.We get in Saturday at 2;30 PM and we need to be at the cruiseport on Sunday by 11 am so we can hit the local walmart saturday night or afternoon.I will be taking a taxi if it is too far to walk.Thanks thesawch

There is really no Wallmart in walking distance. Neither a Sports Authority. There is a plaza though on 17th Causeway. In that Plaza or right next to it is a CVS and they do have snorkel gear at times as well. There might be another small store. JUst remember, you are in a touristy area. A lot of places have touristy geared items.

Otherwise, take a trolly ride or cab to the beach. Snorkel gear is not that expensive there.

If you visit my Fort Lauderdale cruise map, and type in "wal-mart" in the search box below the map, all the area Wal-marts will show up, and you can select the one closest to where you will be staying.

You may wish to try a search on "dive shop", there seem to be a number of those nearby as well.

Hope this is helpful!

Theron

No Walmart, KMart, or target anywhere near the port. There are plenty there just not likely near your hotel.

Saw you are on Jewel isn't your 1st port Key West why not get snokel equip there. It would be much easier than running around Ft Lauderdale Sat. I am sure you will see something in Key West also they usually have equipment for sale on the ship. Have a great cruise we leave on Jewel 3-2-08 can't wait.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. The closest Walmarts to your hotel are well over 10 miles away, in Hallandale, Sunrise and Lauderdale Lakes. There is a Kmart about 6 miles away in Oakwood Plaza on Stirling Rd in Hollywood. There is a Target about 7 miles away in Fort Lauderdale. I agree that the CVS on 17th Street or one of the shops on the beach would be good places to try. You can even take a public bus from 17th street to the beach.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. The closest Walmarts to your hotel are well over 10 miles away, in Hallandale, Sunrise and Lauderdale Lakes. There is a Kmart about 6 miles away in Oakwood Plaza on Stirling Rd in Hollywood. There is a Target about 7 miles away in Fort Lauderdale. I agree that the CVS on 17th Street or one of the shops on the beach would be good places to try. You can even take a public bus from 17th street to the beach.

I see that you were in Sept 07 on the Enchantment. We did the 9-24 sailing. And you?

Archived