Parking NYC

duceno1

We sailed on Carnival from NYC in August and parking is extremely expensive at the piers - $24 a day.

If you live in the NY/NJ area you might consider public transportation to the pier - lots less hassle. We parked at our local train station, took NJ Transit into Penn Station and then a cab over to the pier. No worries about traffic along the way, tolls, driving in the city. We'd definitely do it the same way if leaving from NYC again in the future.

Howard

taking the train in sounds great, but the problem is once I get to the station. I use a motorized wheelchair, and would need lift-equipped vehicle to get from the station to the pier.

Penn Station is not handicapped friendly and cabs don't have lifts. Buses do but you will then have a distance to go with the wheelchair and luggage...

dirve. They have handicapped spots but I still think they charge you the same amount.

you may want to look or post you question here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

As I recall it was very easy getting from the parking into the cruise terminal. Basically just going to the elevator and going down. Even though we are not physically impaired I think the convenience out ways the extra cost. Especially since any special arrangements would need to be made both coming and going.

Archived