Non-US Citizen Passport question

My DW is a Mexican citizen with Permanent Residency in the US. We just noticed her passport is set to expire on 03/13/08.

As you can see from the signature below, we sail on 02/17 for 7 days. While, technically her passport is still valid a few weeks beyond our return date, I am concerned it could possibly be an issue.

Does anyone know or have any experience with passport being within 90 days of expiration date?

My DW is a Mexican citizen with Permanent Residency in the US. We just noticed her passport is set to expire on 03/13/08.

As you can see from the signature below, we sail on 02/17 for 7 days. While, technically her passport is still valid a few weeks beyond our return date, I am concerned it could possibly be an issue.

Does anyone know or have any experience with passport being within 90 days of expiration date?

You should be OK, just remember to bring her Green card too.

Run don't walk to get a expert answer on this question. Many countries require a passport to be valid 3 months or longer after the time of your visit. At least for US passorts it must be valid for more than 6 months after you return date.

When I renewed my Australian Passport in January last year, I submitted my application on Wednesday and picked up the passport on Friday of the same week, without paying for expedited processing. If the Mexican Consulate is anything like that efficient, your wife should get a new passport before she goes on the cruise. According to one online travel guide I read, the US will only admit you for the period of validity of the passport, although that could be different for green card holders. I would pay for expedited passport processing to avoid any hassles.

I also say better safe than sorry. Depending on where you live the Mexican consulate can turn around the passport fairly quick. My husband is also from Mexico. We live in Atlanta and he got his passport renewed in about 2 days.

On the other hand, they hardly ever look at my husband's passport - they tend to just look at the green card.

One thing to note, make sure you check the visa requirements of the countries you are visiting - As an example, Honduras requires a visa for Mexican citizens even if they are residents of the U.S. We will be staying on the ship in Roatan since it doesn't make sense to pay 80 dollars for a 1 day pass.

Best of luck!

Lauren

Archived