Ladies where do you buy the cute necklaces that hold the sea pass?

dixie54

Last year I saw something called a wrist bracelet on QVC. I think the only place to get it now is from the manufacturer which is Canale Originals.

I used it on my last cruise and got a lot of inquiries about it. It held my seapass card, driver's license, and money. At home I use it to run errands around town such as grocery shopping etc.

This is what it looks like.

braceletmate_sandy_small.jpg

What an interesting idea - How was it to wear? I like the idea but am worried it would be irritating although it looks fun and functional! :)

I love the idea about the eyeglass chain or even the bracelet purse! Maybe I'll even look into a clip that I can use... but I don't know if I will be always able to hook it somewhere. I think I'll look around in a few stores first to find things close or just like the wrist things so I can see how they feel.

I found this web business years ago and I love her lanyards...and after recommending her a few times I found out she's a CC member!!:)

http://www.womanrare.com/

These are beautiful, very well made and reasonably priced!! Enjoy!

:) Thank you Margie for posting this referral. I just ordered two pieces from womanrare.com. Really beautiful work - and today - 1/31/08 - is the last day of her "sale" of 10% off. If you are thinking of ordering - take a look today!!

:) Thank you Margie for posting this referral. I just ordered two pieces from womanrare.com. Really beautiful work - and today - 1/31/08 - is the last day of her "sale" of 10% off. If you are thinking of ordering - take a look today!!

You're welcome.

If you don't see something you like she will custom make them for you...I had her make 3 for me! Just email her.

What an interesting idea - How was it to wear? I like the idea but am worried it would be irritating although it looks fun and functional! :)

Actually I forgot I had it on. The beads are worn on the outside so it looks like a bracelet and the wallet is soft against your skin so it isn't irritating at all. I have several in different colors. What is interesting is that store owners in Cozumel usually asks my sister or I if we made them ourselves because they would love to buy them from us.

I am planning to use my retractable as well and also purchase one for my husband and each of the kids (they love playing with my one from work) but I was wondering if the "whole" that they punch in the sea pass card is simple a small round cirlce, or if they can punch the kind that will fit with my retractable, which is about 1/4" to 1/2" rectangle.

Thanks for the help.

I am planning to use my retractable as well and also purchase one for my husband and each of the kids (they love playing with my one from work) but I was wondering if the "whole" that they punch in the sea pass card is simple a small round cirlce, or if they can punch the kind that will fit with my retractable, which is about 1/4" to 1/2" rectangle.

Thanks for the help.

In my experience, they have simply used a hand-held hole puncher like you can buy in any office-supply store, which leaves a round hole. Be careful where you put the hole so it doesn't damage the magnetic strip.

THANKS for your recommendation, Desertbelle!

Here's a coupon for my fellow cruisers: $4 off any purchase at http://www.womanrare.com

Insert 10109111 in the VOUCHER section of check out page, then click RECALCULATE. Expires December 31, 2008.

Bon Voyage! ~Jaqui

P.S.

Here's a pic of me on our recent Carnival cruise out of Galveston:

http://www.womanrare.com/pictures/jaq_cruise.jpg

I found this web business years ago and I love her lanyards...and after recommending her a few times I found out she's a CC member!!:)

http://www.womanrare.com/

These are beautiful, very well made and reasonably priced!! Enjoy!

I've been purchasing some beads to try jewelry making. I haven't bought any tools yet. I have some bright colored beads and letter beads. I made a stretch bracelet with "I (heart) cruising" for our last cruise. It would be neat to make a fun daytime lanyard with the name of the ship, group name if there is one, date of cruise, etc in brights. I will have to try that for my next cruise.

Of course you'd want a more elegant beading for the evenings. Each one could be color co-ordinated to outfits, which is what every woman wants - along with other things.

and bought one of the beaded lanyards in one of the shops for $8.95. I took off the badge holder and used the clip to hold my glasses.

My SIL and her SIL also bought them. MY SIL is a teacher and liked it because she could also attach her keys to it. (and of course we all think they're cute!)

I love the idea of wearing it around your waist, but I'd probably need 2 or 3 to make it all 'round!! :p

If you don't want to wear a lanyard around your waist you can attach it through belt loops or a button hole.

If you're like me, I already have too much stuffed into my suitcases! Just go down to the bursar's office (front desk), they'll punch the card for you.

I have broken two hole punchers, those cards are really thick plastic. I would suggest you buy an heavy duty puncher. :)

If you're like me, I already have too much stuffed into my suitcases! Just go down to the bursar's office (front desk), they'll punch the card for you.

Good idea, I can never squeeze the dang thing hard enough anyways! Anything that resembles work doesn't belong on a cruise!! :D

Archived