Fort Lauderdale Hotels

LillyDilly

I am traveling with a group to Fort Lauderdale and we are looking for a nice hotel for a one night pre-cruise stay that is reasonably close to the airport and pier. Something moderately priced and close to restaurants and shopping (walking distance would be nice). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marriott Marina and Embassy Suites are on 17th Street close to shopping and you can see the port from both. Airport is 10 minutes away from everything so that doesn't matter. You can usually get either of these hotels on Priceline for about $80. Advertsied price for January is about $250.

If anyone has an opinion/experience from the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port in Fort Lauderdale (located 1700 Federal Highway) I would like to know. I've posted the question before but haven't gotten any feedback.

Anyone??

Anyone know how the Airport Sheraton is?????

Thanks!

The Airport Sheraton is just fine. Better than Amerisuites, about the same as the Hilton, but not as nice as the Embassy Suites.

As you can tell, I've spent a lot of nights in FLL!:D

If anyone has an opinion/experience from the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise port in Fort Lauderdale (located 1700 Federal Highway) I would like to know. I've posted the question before but haven't gotten any feedback.

Anyone??

My wife and I have stayed at the Comfort Suites Cruise hotel a couple years ago and were not impressed. We arrived after midnight and our non smoking room actually reeked of smoke. When we complained, we were told it was the only room left and they would send someone up to spray ozone, and put on new bedspread and linen. An hour later a security guy showed up and dumped the new linen in our arms and said someone else would be up to make the beds. No one showed and by then we were exhasted after flying in from Portland OR. A half hour later we decided to just go to bed anyway. No one ever showed to remake the beds!

The main plus is that hotel offers free transportation to the pier and from the airport. Now there is a new Marriott Courtyard which offers the same.

All that said, we will be staying at the Ft Lauderdale Wyndham this Dec. Have stayed there before and their $99 + tax rate (fly and drive promotion) seems good. Have stayed there before and it was nice. (Much nicer than the Comfort Suites.)

Have stayed at the Sheraton before and it is also a very nice property. I don't remember about their restarant situation as someone asked, I'm afraid. Seems the hotel is a bit more expensive then the Wyndham. Hope this info helps as I too have had this question in the past.

Hi septrack, thanks for the reply. We got the Comfort Suites for $65 including all tax. It's for 1 night before our cruise.What do you think for the price? Just need clean room and timely shuttles to/from airport and cruise port.

Hi septrack, thanks for the reply. We got the Comfort Suites for $65 including all tax. It's for 1 night before our cruise.What do you think for the price? Just need clean room and timely shuttles to/from airport and cruise port.

Hi Joby,

I think you would probably be fine there. Try to get there early if possible. May not have the problem we did with the smoking non smoking room. We also had problems with the transportation to the hotel, but I'm sure that was due to the time we checked in. The free shuttle to the pier is an added bonus. Sounds like you got a good price. Enjoy your cruise> I know I can hardly wait for ours!

Ok..I know you are looking for a hotel close to the pier... But consider an alternative....

Stayed at a 4 star in Ft Lauderdale on our last cruise, for just a few dollars more...The Largo Mar... Was great.

If interested.... Go to my home page, that gives you a link to the pictures...Highly recommend.

Happy cruising, wherever you decide to rest your head!

Janet

Thanks septrack. We don't need fancy, just as I mentioned before--a clean non-smoking room and timely transportation. We should arrive at the Comfort Suites around noon. We thought $65 inc. tax was a good deal.

We are very excited for our cruise! Have a great time on yours.

Thanks Steve...I am traveling with a group (80 people) and I called the Marina Marriott and the best they could do for us is $209 per room per night. You got a great deal. I would love to use Priceline but we would probably end up at different hotels. That may be the only reasonable thing to do.

Regards,

Lilly

Archived