transfers from San Diego to Ensenada

btribou

I live in San Diego, and quite honestly, I would stick with a charter bus. Going down there can be dangerous is you are by yourselves in a car. IMO

I don't even know if you can get a rental car in San Diego and then leave it in Ensenada.

Those are the only choices I know of, but I could be wrong. Wennfred might know.

Pat

Unfortunately, expensive as it is, it is the most reliable way to get from the airport to your ship at Ensenada. Just imagine the luggage alone for 4 people that would have to go with you. You would have to take a cab from the airport to the Amtrak station where you could get a bus to Ensenada(not recommended) then cross the most heavily used international border crossing this country has and when you arrive at Ensenada you would have to find transportation to the cruise pier. Living here in San Diego and being used to crossing the border, even we would not try that, particularly now that there is so much crime going on in TiJuana and Rosarita across the border. At least the transfer will get you and your luggage on one vehicle from the airport right to the pier. My advice - bite the bullet and pay the expensive transfers. And if you have to get from Ensenada back to SanDiego on your return it is even more advisable to get transfers because both you and your luggage will have to go through USCustoms and Immigration at the border:)

We are looking for a way to get to the ship without using the cruise line transfers. We feel that $360.00 dollars for four people is a little high and there has to be a less expensive way.

Thanks

$360 dollars might be the expensive way........but believe me, it is the safest way.

Archived