Segway Tour

ducker

We are thinking of doing this tour in Oct AFTER our cruise but before we go to the airport..that is my question..AOS will be at the "other' Pier--so not only will we need to be off to check our luggage thru to the airport--but also get a taxi to OSJ. Our flight leaves at 3:40 (unless of course they change the schedule -AirTran) since they have it at 9 & 12--12 would be too late for us I really would like to have the 2 hour tour there would be 4 of us. Any ideas? or will the ship let us off in one of the first groups? We ARE Platinum members (have not traveled under this yet)--not sure what we get with that--perhaps early off?

The ship will let you off early but I would contact Jose directly and see if he can do a custom time for you.

Preston

The ship will let you off early but I would contact Jose directly and see if he can do a custom time for you.

Preston

Thanks that is what I was thinking of doing anyway...just wasn't sure when we'd get off--like the LAST group. About how long does it take to teach us to ride the Segway?--I suppose that is according to US..:o

Took me 10 minutes and you will be the same.

Preston

Thanks again..now it has to be safer for me to use the Segway than to walk & TRIP all over the irrregular streets..:D I have sent off a note to Jose.

We were fortunate enough to have booked a 2 hour fortifications tour with Jose at Segway Tours in San Juan a few months back. We had been looking forward to our excursion here for some time....and we weren't let down. Last week we were finally able to take our 2 hour tour on the segways through Old San Juan.

Upon arriving for our 9 a.m. tour, we met Jose and Natalie. Jose showed us some basics on the segway and then Natalie had us practice riding on the segways for a few minutes, to make sure we were comfortable.

After we were done with that, we were off on our 2 hour segway tour. Natalie was our guide and trust me when I say that she knows her history! She knew so much and could answer all of our questions. She was great about taking photos of us while we were zipping around San Juan.

Aside from the segway just being fun....it was a very informative tour. We'll be booking another segway tour next time we're in San Juan.

For those of you wanting more information, here's the website:

http://www.segwaytourspr.com/

If you email Jose, he will email you back pretty quickly. He's extremely friendly and very easy to talk to.

They take cash, Visa and MasterCard.

For anyone that has a segway tour booked, but you're not sure how to find the location...I've got two photos to help you. When you get off the ship head to your left and you'll come up to a little outdoor shopping area. Jose's shop is located there, in the back.

segway1.jpg (yellow arrow is his shop)

segway2.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Thanks for posting these photos. Really helped to find the store. I can not say enough good things about Jose. We booked a two hour tour at 5:30 PM and had a private tour with Jose. Even though the Fort closed at 6:00 PM, we had a wonderful time. Old San Juan is beautiful.

The Segway is easy to operate after you ride for five minutes. Best tour we did all cruise for the money. We did the Segway tour in Bermuda through Princess and were disappointed in the amount of time we got to ride the Segway. Two hour tour turned into about an hour of ride time. With Jose, the two hour tour was a true two hour tour.

We also did the 45 minute tour, and loved every minute of it. Jose was so accommodating, told us not to worry if ship got in late he would wait for us (sheduled to arrive at 5:00 pm). We had a group of 10 so he even took a second group after the first. It was a blast, you feel like a celebrity as everyone will be taking your picture!:cool: A great way to get a quick history lesson and see much more than if you were just walking!

Thanks for posting these photos. Really helped to find the store.

You're very welcome. My DH just happened to see the sign or we might have missed it. :)

I, too, cannot say enough positive about Jose (and Natalie). They're extremely friendly, they are willing to answer all your questions, they make the tour fun, they take photos for you with your own camera (no hidden fees!), and their knowledge of the city is thorough. One of the best excursions we've done on any cruise!

do you recall what the cost was? i dont see prices on their web site. i emailed them but didnt get a response yet.

thanks

chris

The prices are on Jose's page. Just click on 'Guided Tours' then click which tour you're interested in. The details and price are listed.

The 2 hour Fortification Tour is $70 pp + tax and the 45 minute Sightseeing Tour is $35 pp + tax.

If you have the time, I strongly encourage you to book the 2 hour Fortifications Tour. It's fun to ride the Segways so you won't want to stop after 45 minutes and you'll learn a lot about the area!

Don't be discouraged if you haven't heard back from Jose yet. He's probably just very busy. If you don't hear back in a few days, email him again. Or, you can fill out the Reservations Form on his site and he'll reply to that.

Have fun and take your camera! :D

Here's the link, in case you need it: http://www.segwaytourspr.com/

We had an absolute BLAST on the 2 hour Segway tour last week! They are so fun to ride. After just a few minutes, you really feel like you could take them anywhere. What complete fun!

I love history and Jose's stories were wonderful. His tour of the fort was terrific and I just loved everything I learned.

Oh, and Jose told us that the ONLY reason Pres. Bush fell off the Segway was that someone gave him one that hadn't been turned on yet. Once they are turned on, they balance. If they are off, they go right over. There's always more to the story, isn't there? :)

I can't recommend Jose and the Segway tour highly enough.

We had an absolute BLAST on the 2 hour Segway tour last week! They are so fun to ride. After just a few minutes, you really feel like you could take them anywhere. What complete fun!

I love history and Jose's stories were wonderful. His tour of the fort was terrific and I just loved everything I learned.

Oh, and Jose told us that the ONLY reason Pres. Bush fell off the Segway was that someone gave him one that hadn't been turned on yet. Once they are turned on, they balance. If they are off, they go right over. There's always more to the story, isn't there? :)

I can't recommend Jose and the Segway tour highly enough.

Thanks so much for the review of the Segway tour--we are booked for it Oct 5 on our return from our Sept cruise..so glad to hear 'good' reports of it..:D :cool:

If you have the time, I strongly encourage you to book the 2 hour Fortifications Tour. It's fun to ride the Segways so you won't want to stop after 45 minutes and you'll learn a lot about the area!

Hi Felicia -

Well - we aren't sailing out of San Juan anymore... we switched to Indy. BUT - we still have a stop in San Juan, even if only for a few hours. So we are still going to do this. Again, because I know your personality and the fact that you loved it has totally convinced me! Just need to find out how early we can book! :D

Hope you are doing well!

Hi Felicia -

Well - we aren't sailing out of San Juan anymore... we switched to Indy. BUT - we still have a stop in San Juan, even if only for a few hours. So we are still going to do this. Again, because I know your personality and the fact that you loved it has totally convinced me! Just need to find out how early we can book! :D

Hope you are doing well!

Hi Tina!

You'll love it! It may not be horses in Mazatlan....but it's just as fun! You'll really like Jose and Natalie, as well.

If I were you, I'd contact Jose now and see if he'll book you. The more popular he gets, the faster he'll fill up. Tell him I sent you! Do you still have my email address? If so, drop me a note. I'll give you some info. :)

Hello to the family!

Hi Tina!

You'll love it! It may not be horses in Mazatlan....but it's just as fun! You'll really like Jose and Natalie, as well.

If I were you, I'd contact Jose now and see if he'll book you. The more popular he gets, the faster he'll fill up. Tell him I sent you! Do you still have my email address? If so, drop me a note. I'll give you some info. :)

Hello to the family!

They say HI, right back! I don't think I have your email. I did send him an email to see how early he books. We aren't going to be there for another 17 months - but I have booked some excursions a year in advance before. I know - I am nuts! I do know that we need to do the 9:00 am since our ship leaves at 2:00... so no decisions here. :D My email is alohastamper at earthlink dot net

Just found this thread. Hope I'm not too late to ask **one more question** :rolleyes: My DS and his DW just booked the September Miracle cruise with us and this sounds like a fun thing to do! A poster said it takes "10 minutes to get there." So the obvious is....how DO you get there!? :p Thanks!

Just found this thread. Hope I'm not too late to ask **one more question** :rolleyes: My DS and his DW just booked the September Miracle cruise with us and this sounds like a fun thing to do! A poster said it takes "10 minutes to get there." So the obvious is....how DO you get there!? :p Thanks!

If you dock at the main pier exit your ship and turn left and you are only a few away. I would email Jose for exact directions.

If you look at page 2, post #40....there are directions and photos to help you find Jose's shop. :)

If you look at page 2, post #40....there are directions and photos to help you find Jose's shop. :)

Oops! Thanks! I saw the pictures, but missed the directions. I told DH about this excursion and he INSISTS it is too dangerous and we will end up with concussions at the minimum. I am going to show him this thread to convince him. I **guess** we will have to take the 5pm 45 minute one because our ship doesn't get to SJ until 3pm. Can you carry a back pack while wheeling?

Advice please? :)

We want to do a Segway tour during our post-cruise days in San Juan.

We want to have a leisurely morning and not have to rush, BUT how hot does it get in August? We don't want to roast. Anyone know what the temperature is likely to be at the beginning of August. Should we wait till the evening or would a tour at 10.00 or 11.00am be ok? We are staying in an Isla Verde hotel, so will need to get to Old San Juan in a taxi.

Any advice would be welcome.

Advice please? :)

We want to do a Segway tour during our post-cruise days in San Juan.

We want to have a leisurely morning and not have to rush, BUT how hot does it get in August? We don't want to roast. Anyone know what the temperature is likely to be at the beginning of August. Should we wait till the evening or would a tour at 10.00 or 11.00am be ok? We are staying in an Isla Verde hotel, so will need to get to Old San Juan in a taxi.

Any advice would be welcome.

For a temperature guide to OSJ, I will quote someone on CC that made me laugh "It is hot as the sun"!

It can get really hot walking around OSJ. The temps will range from about 78-92, but unless you can catch the breeze, it will feel hotter!

But honestly, on the Segway, it was not bad at all. It takes no effort, so you don't work up a sweat like you do walking up those hills! And you Segway by the water where there is always a breeze.

I would say, if you plan on doing any walking around and shopping, do that when it is "cooler" 9-11am or 3:30-5pm and do the Segway midday.

If you don't want to do any site seeing/shopping, do an earlier Segway tour.

Can you carry a back pack while wheeling?

You could, though that might throw off your balance. But I guess if you can walk with it you should be find.

Jose & Natalie suggest that you leave your backpack in their office (one of them is always there). That's what I did.

Archived