What kind of food is served in the Cafe Promenade?

dixie54

DH said all that was missing is chips to go along with the deli sandwiches.

Chocolate cookies were everyone is our group's favorite cookie. Cream Puffs excellent.

After eating in the Dining Room, Chops, and Windjammer it was nice to go to the cafe and eat lighter.

Laura

We also missed chips, which are for sale in one of the PR stores but also available with the hot dogs and hamburgers through room service.

Also, we found that many lounges had peanuts or snack mixes but didn't always put them out. If you ask, though they will give you a bowl.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info. Will be on the Mariner 2 more times so that it will be useful. Laura

All of these selections sound good.

Does any know if there is any place on the ship that serves "Pub Grub"? (ie, buffalo wings, nachos, potatoe skins, etc.) Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You can order buffalo wings through room service. :)

Hmmm. That's strange. I had to take some of the deli meat off because it was piled so thick. Maybe they has a shortage that week?

After reading everyone else's take on the sandwiches, we must have just been running out of deli meats or something !! I'm not even one that requires a lot inside the bread. Will definately try them again next trip.

When we sail on the smaller ships we really miss Cafe Prommenade

It's such a great place to relax and grad a snack.

I find the Solarium food and leftovers at the back of the windjammer just aren't as great as the CP food. Of course the Seaview cafe is a great option on the smaller vessels.

My husband loved the Cafe for breakfast. We'd go down and get a few pastries and eat them on our way to disembark. It was nice and quick - we had excursions booked for 8 am almost every morning and we are not morning people - especially on vacation!

The promenade cafe is open 24/7 and serves great croissants with different fillings and great pizza - plus fruit, yummy desserts and great coffee, tea, cocoa, etc - we always hit there about 5 - cause we eat late and enjoy a piece of pizza or croissant - just to keep us going til late dinner

Hope this helps:)

[quote name='jdbmga']Are the sandwiches pre-made or do you order them? I don't like pre-made sandwiches.[/quote]

As mentioned, the sandwiches are pre-made, but they're not really like your basic packaged deli sandwich. The ones we've had have been "mini," that is smaller, sandwiches more like you see in nice bakeries. They'll be arranged on platters in the case, and you'll choose the ones you want. They go fast, so they never sit there long enough to get stale or "icky" like some "buffet" type sandwiches. We've never had a problem with the fillings being stingy either. A couple of times, they had crab salad that was fantastic. The meats and cheeses used certainly were tasty and also fresh. Give them a try and see what you think.

(Just as an aside, I can see why they don't have them made to order. The counter isn't that big and the crew assigned to the CP couldn't possibly keep up with made-to-order sandwiches.)

[quote name='gerif']Coconut ranger cookies - my downfall. Can't walk past the place without stopping for one.[/quote]

Yum, yum, yum! Usually the only cookies we eat are ones I make at home, but those coconut ranger cookies are irresistible.

beachchick

We're looking forward to this cafe. We've only been on X and Rhapsody (3 times). The only problem we found with Rhapsody (we LOVE her) was that it was hard to get a late night snack. We usually have early dining and then after the show and strolling through the shops there was nowhere to go for a snack before heading back to our cabin.

Sounds like our problem is solved:D . Or maybe it just adds to a bigger problem.....lbs, lbs, lbs:eek: Oh well, I'm on vacation.....l'll worry about it when I get home.

[quote name='gerif']Coconut ranger cookies - my downfall. Can't walk past the place without stopping for one.[/quote]

I agree, these cookies are wonderful. Nothing better than stopping by the Cafe at night, having a couple of cookies and coffee (decaf for me) before turning in.

I am unfortunately just off Freedom and Sorrento's does have salad. They have garden salads as well as other salads. The selection varied each day but I saw people getting garden salads several days. The sandwiches in the Cafe are made from rolls from the dining room.

Archived