Anytime Dining - what are your opinions?

CruisingYiayia

We love Anytime Dining; it is second only to itineraries in our favorite things about Princess.

-We like the flexibility of dining time. Even though we rarely dine later than 6:30, we can, and this enables us to plan our dinners around sunsets and shows.

-We generally ask for a table to share, and like meeting lots of people. Like my husband says, "I like meeting people. I just don't want to have to get to know them so well (over the course of a cruise) that I know their medical or marital history".

-In our experience, one has to get to the Princess Theater so early to get a seat for a show, Anytime Dining can give us an advantage over Traditional diners.

-Sometimes, after a long day in port, we simply want a table for 2 and a 3 course meal. Anytime Dining allows us to do that.

-We can skip dinners altogether (for the buffet or a specialty restaurant or room service) and don't have to feel like we need to notify anyone before hand or explain where we were after.

-We've been know to eat 4 courses of a meal, go to a show, listen to music and then return to the dining room later for a table for 2 and just coffee and dessert.

-We can arrange to have dinner with other cruisers we've met and made friends with earlier in the cruise.

We love Anytime Dining; it is second only to itineraries in our favorite things about Princess.

-We like the flexibility of dining time. Even though we rarely dine later than 6:30, we can, and this enables us to plan our dinners around sunsets and shows.

-We generally ask for a table to share, and like meeting lots of people. Like my husband says, "I like meeting people. I just don't want to have to get to know them so well (over the course of a cruise) that I know their medical or marital history".

-In our experience, one has to get to the Princess Theater so early to get a seat for a show, Anytime Dining can give us an advantage over Traditional diners.

-Sometimes, after a long day in port, we simply want a table for 2 and a 3 course meal. Anytime Dining allows us to do that.

-We can skip dinners altogether (for the buffet or a specialty restaurant or room service) and don't have to feel like we need to notify anyone before hand or explain where we were after.

-We've been know to eat 4 courses of a meal, go to a show, listen to music and then return to the dining room later for a table for 2 and just coffee and dessert.

-We can arrange to have dinner with other cruisers we've met and made friends with earlier in the cruise.

You said it perfectly! Couldn't agree more!:D

Take advantage of the anytime dining while you can. It gets boring dining at the same time and place everyday, especially on the longer cruises. I was on Diamond and it was great to eat in the other 6 dining rooms.

Mike

The Diamond and the Sapphire have four anytime dining rooms which does offer an nice variety of decore but the Grand Class ships only have two anytime dining rooms and the others, with anytime dining, have one so there isn't much variety and little difference in decore.

Love Anytime Dining. To us it's one of the best things about Princess. We have never experienced a long wait and even if they cant seat you immediately then you get a beeper and go have a drink while waiting.

I also dont really feel the need to "get to know" your waiters and have been very happy with the service received in all the restaurants.

Maurice

Archived