hotels in New Orleans

rl2thnurse

Has anyone used Priceline to book NO hotel. We did in Miami last time & it turned out great. However, there were many folks on the board talking about using it. I haven't seen anything this time & am little leary of not know the exact location in New Orleans....would like to be close to Riverwalk or French Quarter for sure.

I second the vote on Place d'Armes. It is very reasonable, right on Jackson Square, and has garage parking - which does cost money but everywhere in the French Quarter charges. You can walk to everything.

I'm casting my vote for the Place de Armes hotel - right across the street from Jackson square, and exactly 2 blocks from Cafe' du Monde. A gorgeous little courtyard, inexpensive, quaint, charming, loved it!

Anni

Great recommendation! We've stayed there many times and love the interior rooms. C-H-E-A-P. Around the corner from the A & P minimarket, also. ;)

Here's another option to try:

http://neworleans.bookit.com/?gcid=S30626x037-NewOrleans&KEYWORD=hotels%20in%20new%20orleans&MATCHTYPE=search&gclid=CM2CtpLKsJECFRE_OAodyzmgfw

The prices vary a great deal depending on what is going on in town when you want to stay there.

Check around before you book.

I second what "Kittybork" said about checking "Bookit.com" I used them this last June to stay at the "Royal Sonesta" @ 300 Bourbon St. A $300.00 a night room I got on Bookit for $99.00 AND I KNEW WHICH HOTEL I WAS BUYING !! Very safe location and walking distance to everything.. Good luck !:)

Mona! How wonderful to hear from you! Thanks for noticing my post! Dreaded son is still dreaded...actually, as you can imagine by this time he is even MORE dreaded. Maybe someday?! Naw, proabably not.

How are you? When are you cruising again? We just booked this one ( although we have been planning for quite sometime) for our 40th anniversary. We hope to do another this year maybe from California.

Tell me all about whatz going on with you. If you don't still have it, my email is sgwtw1r@aol.com. Roni

We've stayed at the Montleone Hotel on Royal St. several times. The rooms are small, but the rooftop pool is nice and the hotel itself is quite elegant.....like an old New York hotel.

Tell them Lynne from San Diego sent you!

Around the corner from the A & P minimarket

I've done priceline and any of the 3 or 4 star places in the Quarter/Riverwalk area are good places - and you can sometimes get amazing deals on priceline. Do keep in mind that parking isn't included in any priceline quote, and runs anywhere from complimentary (RARE) to $20-$30 per night. If you're driving in you may want to check out http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

they have a list of hotels that either have free or discounted parking during a cruise.

BTW, the A & P was bought out by Rouse's. Biggest change they made is that they close at 10 or 11 at night, don't stay open 24/7

Been to NOLA a bunch of times. Might be worthing checking out the Royal Street Inn. It's a 'bed & bar' as it's located at the "R" Bar on Royal Street. It's in the Marigny District, but it's a really neat place to stay and it's just off the Quarter. Otherwise, Chateau LeMoyne is a good choice, but I think parking is quite expensive. Check out Tripadvisor, you'll get a lot of options there and many talk about the parking, if you need it.

All of the hotels mentioned so far are great (my husband and I have stayed at 2). We go to New Orleans a lot and have cruised out of there 4 times. We've stayed at many different hotels, but one we keep going back to is the French Market Inn Hotel on Decatur. It is close to the Cafe du Monde and it's not too far from the Riverwalk and where the cruise ship docks. It's got a very nice courtyard, but the last time we were there the restaurant was closed. On our last cruise-June 2007-we stayed in the Warehouse District and it was very interesting. Emeril's was right down the street and it was very close to the cruise ship terminal. Some other websites that list a lot of the small NO hotels are www.frenchquarterhotels.com and www.neworleansfinehotels.com.

Hope this helps if you have not already made reservations. Have a great cruise.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just booked with bookit.com ( thanks whoever told us to try it). Several years ago we stayed @ the Astor Crowne Plaza & we loved it. That is where we really wanted to go this year, but we were not willing to pay $200 ++. We took your advise, checked with bookit, & opted for the "mystery room". Guess where it is...the CROWNE PLAZA!!! we were so excited we went ahead & booked it for our post cruise. Thanks for all of your help. We love this board!!!!!

Hi everyone, just booked with bookit.com ( thanks whoever told us to try it). Several years ago we stayed @ the Astor Crowne Plaza & we loved it. That is where we really wanted to go this year, but we were not willing to pay $200 ++. We took your advise, checked with bookit, & opted for the "mystery room". Guess where it is...the CROWNE PLAZA!!! we were so excited we went ahead & booked it for our post cruise. Thanks for all of your help. We love this board!!!!!

Past experience has been Crowne Plaza is the 4 star FQ Mystery hotel on bookit.com. If you will take the time to read some of the descriptions, you will see the same info on the regular Crowne Plaza listing. Pretty simple site with some good deals if you do some research.

3 star FQ Mystery hotel used to be Hotel St Louis. Nothing fancy but good location & ok rooms. It has now gone totally non smoking so smokers beware when booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived