hotels in New Orleans

rl2thnurse

The hotel we are suppose to be staying at is charging 60 to park.....we are staying 2 nights and are getting a suite but total of hotel and parking is around 640... .....Are we getting ripped????

Hello again.:D

Parking in NOLA runs from $25-$30 per night so $60 is in the ballpark unless it's per day. The hotel price sounds a little high but the prices may be jacked due to the FQF being that weekend. There are many places cheaper but may not suit your needs.

Hi there again Selucrey! Well regardless we will have a good time...I hope! Maybe we can meet up! I'll have to wait till I get home to look @ your myspace...Im @ work. BLAH

Hey, when I was on the fantasy last Feb. I met some people from your hometown... they were the funniest people I swear! And the way you guys talk, cracks me up! We sound like a bunch of hillbillies... From SETX, Bmt

area..

Anyway, thanks again for ALL of your advice.

Happy Cruisin!

Hi there again Selucrey! Well regardless we will have a good time...I hope! Maybe we can meet up! I'll have to wait till I get home to look @ your myspace...Im @ work. BLAH

Hey, when I was on the fantasy last Feb. I met some people from your hometown... they were the funniest people I swear! And the way you guys talk, cracks me up! We sound like a bunch of hillbillies... From SETX, Bmt

area..

Anyway, thanks again for ALL of your advice.

Happy Cruisin!

Yep, the people here have a Joie de vie that gives meaning to the phrase "Let the good times roll".My "hometown" is actually Odessa,Texas though.:D I'm what you could call a "convert". I moved down here many years ago and absolutely Love it! Beaumont is almost Cajun country.:p

We stayed in NOLA before a cruise a few years ago (pre-Katrina). We stayed at the OMNI ROYAL CRESCENT (Priceline: Boutique/Central Business District), and it was the nicest hotel you could imagine. We big a couple of $ more than most people were recommending on Priceline (and got slayed by the moderator on BfT for doing so), but wow, what a hotel.

Notes:

Don't rent a car, parking was unreal expensive (20$/day)

Eat at "Mothers" in the Central Business district (we did, twice because it was so damn good)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I bid $40 and was accepted by Courtyard by Marriot near the Convention Center which is within walking distance to the French Quarter. Parking is $16 a day which you can't beat. I have booked hotels in N.O. through this website several times before and have always gotten a great deal. Remember you have the option of bidding on a 2, 3, or 4, star hotel. It's always best to wait until the last minute to get the best deals. We are sailing in 7 days.

Hi everyone, just booked with bookit.com ( thanks whoever told us to try it). Several years ago we stayed @ the Astor Crowne Plaza & we loved it. That is where we really wanted to go this year, but we were not willing to pay $200 ++. We took your advise, checked with bookit, & opted for the "mystery room". Guess where it is...the CROWNE PLAZA!!! we were so excited we went ahead & booked it for our post cruise. Thanks for all of your help. We love this board!!!!!

I've done that at least 5 times and every time the Mystery Room was the Astor Crowne Plaza. That is a great hotel in a great location (corner of Bourbon and Canal St.) The mystery room has been $69 every time.

Today I bid $40 and was accepted by Courtyard by Marriot near the Convention Center which is within walking distance to the French Quarter. Parking is $16 a day which you can't beat. I have booked hotels in N.O. through this website several times before and have always gotten a great deal. Remember you have the option of bidding on a 2, 3, or 4, star hotel. It's always best to wait until the last minute to get the best deals. We are sailing in 7 days.

Stayed there for Mardi Gras in Feb. It is a great hotel and the parking is the cheapest in town. You could also almost walk to the pier if you wanted to. However, it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the quarter, which isn't bad at all. The best thing about the parking is that you can park your own car and get your own car without waiting on a valet so you can also get stuff out of your car too.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I"ve been looking everywhere for a decent priced hotel room that doesnt make me stay two nights on a saturday night for post cruise. We are staying at the hotel marie precruise. I went to bookit, thanks for the tip, and am tempted to book the mystery room for $99 i think it is. If its the hotel that has been mentioned here i will be happy. I am going to check with my friend tomorrow morning then book it when i get home in the morning.

Has anyone used Priceline to book NO hotel. We did in Miami last time & it turned out great. However, there were many folks on the board talking about using it. I haven't seen anything this time & am little leary of not know the exact location in New Orleans....would like to be close to Riverwalk or French Quarter for sure.

I did a priceline preK and got the one by the dome - a beautiful hotel, but not within walking distance to places. That was OK with me because it was only for one day. That hotel has since closed (a Katrina casulty). Looking at the current priceline hotels in the FQ, riverside map MOST are within easy walking distance, but there are a couple that would be a bit far for my taste. Chances are you'd be in a good location, but then that's what Priceline is about - taking a chance.

I do know that on bookit.com the "mystery" hotel (not mystery room, but hotel) is the Astor, which is prime location and a nice hotel - but then it's about $100/night as the mystery hotel

As someone else here mentioned almost none of the hotels include parking costs in their charges, so you need to factor that in and parking in the quarter can get pretty expensive.

• 10 months later...

has anyone stayed at the inn at bourbon. it looks to be in the heart of the french quarter. We are only in NO one night so we want to experience bourbon st. to the max. we sail on the fantasy sept 10

has anyone stayed at the inn at bourbon. it looks to be in the heart of the french quarter. We are only in NO one night so we want to experience bourbon st. to the max. we sail on the fantasy sept 10

you would be in the middle of the action there - which can have some drawbacks. If you can't sleep with noise I wouldn't stay there because it IS on Bourbon Street which can be very noisy. If you don't have a problem with noise I'd say go for it!!!

Archived