Reivew of Caribbean 1-27 to 2-3-08

needtogetawayfromcold

Here is a short review of our cruise.

Embarkation - Was a breeze. My advice it to go after 2:00 P.M. to check in. There was absolutely no line! We flew in the night before and stayed at Extended Stay on 17th Street. We walked to the pier which wasn't bad at all. As long as your ship is berthed in the first few piers I don't think you would have a problem walking there. We did walk to the pier to check things out at around noon and the line was really really long so I strongly suggest not going until the afternoon.

Ship - I found the Caribbean a wonderful ship. It is large! Walking around the ship twice equals a mile! I found it to be clean. There are parts of the ship that are worn but nothing that is disgusting. We had an inside aft room and found it nice. One thing to note is that inside rooms are dark but we don't mind that when it comes to sleeping. Our steward was nice and did an excellent job in keeping our room clean. We had the traditional dining which we enjoy. We have done anytime before and to be truthful I don't see much difference. Our waiter was nice but could have had a bit more personality, but his assistant was excellent - very friendly and joked around. The shows were great. Went to see Sarge the comedian and he is a must to see. The dancers were good, although I think they are lacking in sofistication now. Went and saw Bert (paino man/singer/comdian) and we was also very good. The Princess Theatre could be larger and seat more people. You have to be there almost an hour before the show to get a seat. Went to MUTS a couple of times during the evening and that is very enjoyable. Buffet was nice and enjoyed the seafood. It is kind of awkward but once you get use to the layout it isn't so bad. We did get the Coke card and that worked out nice. We are not big pop drinkers but I just found it convenient. Overall the ship is nice, it's a big confusing to get around at first but I think that just has to do with the size.

St. Marteen - You can walk to the stores, its a very short 10 minute walk. We didn't purchase anything as we are not into the jewerly and such and that is what is mostly there. My husband wend scuba diving and said it was excellent!

St. Thomas - Took a taxi to uptown, four dollars per person each way, but it looks like you can walk. There is a couple of blocks where is street is narrow and no sidewalk but otherwise it didn't look to bad. I think the walk would be at least twenty to thirty minutes. Did buy some rum and that was about all.

Princess Cays - A day for doing nothing. Husband went scuba diving and said it was wonderful to see the untouched coral beds. We both went snorkeling right off the beach which was nice. Best snorkeling is left hand side way at the end on otherside of the pier. Beach does fill up fast so you will want to go to shore as soon as you can in order to get a lounge chair in an area that you want.

Debarkation - We did the walk off and I found that great. We were off the ship by 8:00 AM. It was easy and no waiting. Just remember you have to carry your own luggage but for us it was no problem with three bags and two backpacks.

All I can say you can't beat cruising. We had 80 degrees and sunshine which beats the snow and cold in Minnesota any day. We loved it and will do it again.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them.

I don't have my patters handy but I'll do my best.

During the day there was "Must Love Dogs", "Elton John concert", "Tina Turner concert", "Finding Nemo" and some others.

Evening was "Oceans 11", "Transformers", "Evan Almighty", there was a concert one night. I know there were more but I can't remember them.

Hope this helps. I do know someplace on the forum someone has posted the patters for the Carribbean ship.

Thank You for your review. We sail next month and have a question for you.

Did you notice if any painting, repairs and replacing of mattresses was being done on your cruise? I understand the CP Drydock was cancelled and heard some work was being done on the Ship while cruising.

I was also on the same cruise and there were work going on thru the whole ship. Replacing floor tile in atrium, welding going on and lots of painting i noticed. Movies being played were Herbie Fully Loaded, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Mission Impossible lll,Splash, E.T., Bridge To Terabithia, Barry Manilow In Concert, Grease,Toy Story,Batman Begins, Night at the Museum, Elton John In Concert,Superman Returns,Back to the future, Finding Nemo,Tina Turner in concert,Hard days night concert and a few more but i can't find the other days platter i brought home hope this helps and good luck finding your way arond the ship. Half the time i didn't know if i was at the front or back.FOG

I was also on the same cruise and there were work going on thru the whole ship. Replacing floor tile in atrium, welding going on and lots of painting i noticed. Movies being played were Herbie Fully Loaded, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Mission Impossible lll,Splash, E.T., Bridge To Terabithia, Barry Manilow In Concert, Grease,Toy Story,Batman Begins, Night at the Museum, Elton John In Concert,Superman Returns,Back to the future, Finding Nemo,Tina Turner in concert,Hard days night concert and a few more but i can't find the other days platter i brought home hope this helps and good luck finding your way arond the ship. Half the time i didn't know if i was at the front or back.FOG

sORRY ABOUT THAT should have waited a little longer.

Hey Fog! Glad to see someone else besides me had a triple post. I posted a review of our hotel in Lauderdale and it ended up on there three times!!:eek:

I didn't notice any work being done on the ship but we spent a lot of time at the pool. Did see the engineers with the blueprints but that was about it.

Archived