Help!! Caye Caulker or Bannister Island

5-5-07

I have been looking on the Coral Breeze website and we are interested in either going to Caye Caulker or Bannister Island. Can anyone give me information or advice on these two. We are going to Belize in May via Carnival Glory for our first anniversary and are trying to find something to do.

We did the Caye Caulker through Coral Breeze in July. We had such a great time we are repeating it in 2 weeks with friends. Remember, Caye Caulker is a laid back tropical island. Only about 1500 people live there. But, the excursion is fantastic, a day I will never forget! The guides are wonderful!

. . . and snorkeled the next day. The guides are wonderful. However the island is NOT ready for prime time: sanitation standards are right up there with Belize City's; you could spend hours trying to find a "beach" that, alas, eludes the natives themselves; and unless your ship is heading north, it is out of your "way,": you will have more time in the water and on the beach at and from Bannister Island. Which unfortunately we did not visit ourselves. :rolleyes:

Also onlydreams is quite right and it is time for CORAL GABLES GUY to forget the free drink(s) he must have been given at Sun Beach "resort," and take a pill for whatever ails him. "Nothing is for free!" ;)

From the reviews and pictures, I chose Bannister Island. Caye Caulker doesn't seem to have a traditional "beach"...the shore line is more rocky. Bannister seemed like a better fit, although I've heard there isn't much shade on the beach, if that is a concern of yours.

Definately do a search on this board for both, lots will come up.

Archived