What time can you board Radiance Southbound?

alliesma

Does anyone know what time you can board Radiance of the Seas heading southbound out of Seward? It is to depart at 9PM. Can we plan to have dinner on the ship (early seating)? What is the earliest time you can board - from people's experience. I have never been on a cruise that was set to depart so late. Thanks.

I believe we boarded around 1 or 2pm at the latest. We took the cruisetour from Fairbanks down to Anchorage and the last leg of the land portion was the bus trip from Anchorage to Seward. I remember not having to wait in line at all at the cruise ship terminal and our luggage was already in our room when we arrived.

The latest we have ever boarded is 11:30am. And on several cruises we have not had sailing until 10pm. They have lunch ready in the Windjammer by 11:30 although you cannot get to your cabin until 1:00pm. We just keep our carry on with us at the Windjammer until we can get in.

I've been on southbound sailings that had open seating that first night.

But, as another option. I am never in a rush to get on any Alaska cruiseship before evening. There is so much to see and do in both Whittier and especially Seward, I encourage others to take advantage of being there. Seward is definately a gem loaded with superb touring choices.

we will also be sailing south on Radiance. We plan to do a Kenai National Park Cruise that does not return to Seward until 5:30, and then heading over to the cruise ship dock. Will this push us for time or will it simply be a bit more crowded with other last minute boarders?

Thanks!

we will also be sailing south on Radiance. We plan to do a Kenai National Park Cruise that does not return to Seward until 5:30, and then heading over to the cruise ship dock. Will this push us for time or will it simply be a bit more crowded with other last minute boarders?

Thanks!

You have plenty of time. Don't worry or rush. Not sure about any crowds; my guess is that most folks will have boarded by then.

Thanks!

No problem what so ever. This is a fantastic use of time, and a superior tour choice you have made. :) You'll have a great time!!

Archived