Logo Item? (merged)

mlanz

Now that Feb is here has anyone gotten their "logo item" b/c of fuel surcharge being added before cruise paid in full. If so what were choices? How did it work? etc...sailing 2/16 and want to be sure I have some idea what the deal is....

What logo item?? I guess I missed that thread!

If you had a cruise booked before the surcharge was announced but not paid in full and you are getting charged the fuel surcharge then you are getting a gift, which is the cookbook.

You don't receive the logo item for every surcharge booked cruise. Only those who had booked and were not paid in full prior to November 16th, 2007.

Our April cruise fits the criteria. It is a "reward" for choosing not to cancel your already booked cruise.

We have a Grandeur cruise in November '08, booked November 25th '07-No logo item. Fuel surcharge was already in place. :)

I thought...if memory serves me correctly...that you were supposed to have a "choice" of logo items being given a cookbook isn't a choice....i'm looking up old thread on this b/c someone quoted it...

I thought...if memory serves me correctly...that you were supposed to have a "choice" of logo items being given a cookbook isn't a choice....i'm looking up old thread on this b/c someone quoted it...

I never remember any mention of a choice just that you would be given a gift.

I never remember any mention of a choice just that you would be given a gift.

I agree, dealers choice...aka no choice. I forgot the part about when booked, so then I only get 2, but that would still be one more than I can really use...maybe I'll have to regift the second one...:D

This is excerpted from the announcement:

We have taken measures to soften the impact of this decision. For example, we will not apply the supplement on any bookings where

the guest has already paid the full cost of the cruise. In addition, guests who were booked before November 16, and who do not agree

to pay the supplement, may cancel their reservation prior to December 7, 2007, for a full refund of all monies they have paid to the

company, and they will not be subject to any cancellation charges that would normally apply. Those guests who do not cancel their

reservation and pay in full will receive one logo item per stateroom, onboard their cruise. Finally, the supplement will apply only to the

first and second guests in each stateroom and will not exceed $70 per person, per sailing.

OK, that was weird. I quoted the excerpt and then it disappeared! :eek: Trying again:

We have taken measures to soften the impact of this decision. For example, we will not apply the supplement on any bookings where

the guest has already paid the full cost of the cruise. In addition, guests who were booked before November 16, and who do not agree

to pay the supplement, may cancel their reservation prior to December 7, 2007, for a full refund of all monies they have paid to the

company, and they will not be subject to any cancellation charges that would normally apply. Those guests who do not cancel their

reservation and pay in full will receive one logo item per stateroom, onboard their cruise. Finally, the supplement will apply only to the

first and second guests in each stateroom and will not exceed $70 per person, per sailing.

Archived