Logo Item? (merged)

mlanz

now wait a minute. Wasn't the goal of the fuel surcharge to help cover the increased fuel cost? Why would they pay some of this back out in the form of a cookbook that many people would not want or need? Why not reduce the surcharge?

[quote name='pbhunt']Thank you Lorna! You said I could use them...and I do very much enjoy them! Thanks! :D I'm sorry we didn't book Monarch with everyone, but I couldn't talk Bill into it with a long cruise in November. :-([/quote]

Of course, you are very welcome to the fish! I like the extra line in a different color! :D We'll just have to figure out another cruise to take together. The Monarch is so convenient ... I'm still hoping for a replacement. Have a great week! I'm back on the Monarch in a couple of day! :D

[SIZE=3][B]Ours from last wks. Grandeur is "Savor", a salute to Chefs, printed in 2006 in China so they're prob. left overs & not a big expense. Half of it is pics & words of many chefs. [Haven't had time or interest to count them!] Among the few meat dishes is 2 lamb, 2 veal, duck & venison. :( Very few of the recipes are what I've seen on board. Don't think these will be collectables! Well maybe on Ebay. :p One/cabin. Sounds like the Holiday version would be more useful but the gesture is the same.[/B][/SIZE]

Left on the Brilliance 2/1 and just off yestereday and did not get a thing. We booked 3/7/07 and I missed the final payment being in by 3 hours to miss paying the fuel surcharge so I paid it but we never got anything. I never heard any other person say they got a thing either.

[quote name='Sue L']I suspect there are going to be a lot of RCCL cookbooks on ebay in the coming months. :rolleyes::D[/quote]

Or hours......... LOL

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/COOKBOOK-ROYAL-CARIBBEAN-INTERNATIONAL_W0QQitemZ350014629173QQihZ022QQcategoryZ11104QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

[quote name='Sue L']I suspect there are going to be a lot of RCCL cookbooks on ebay in the coming months. :rolleyes::D[/quote]

Here's another one......

[URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/Royal-Caribbean-Holiday-Entertaining-Cookbook-02-NEW_W0QQitemZ120207134197QQihZ002QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem[/URL]

[quote name='bullsfan']I have an e-mail to that effect that we were to receive something. I am calling in the morning and seeing what can be done about it. I did not hear anyone speak of a gift they got either at any point in the cruise, so I don't know. I hope this is not a case of "you snooze you lose" and they tell me I should have said something earlier. And yes, I should have. But I did book early in 2007 and I missed the cut off in my final payment by 3 hours!!! So I paid the surcharge and did not moan or groan. I would actually love the cook book.....................[/quote]

Did you call about the cookbook? I'm curious. My cruise isn't until April, but I want to make sure that everyone who booked before the fuel surcharge and paid in full afterwards, gets something!

[quote name='bullsfan']I have an e-mail to that effect that we were to receive something. I am calling in the morning and seeing what can be done about it. I did not hear anyone speak of a gift they got either at any point in the cruise, so I don't know. I hope this is not a case of "you snooze you lose" and they tell me I should have said something earlier. And yes, I should have. But I did book early in 2007 and I missed the cut off in my final payment by 3 hours!!! So I paid the surcharge and did not moan or groan. I would actually love the cook book.....................[/quote]

Did you call about the cookbook? I'm curious. My cruise isn't until April, but I want to make sure that everyone who booked before the fuel surcharge and paid in full afterwards, gets something!

[quote name='CleoPat']Did you call about the cookbook? I'm curious. My cruise isn't until April, but I want to make sure that everyone who booked before the fuel surcharge and paid in full afterwards, gets something![/quote]
Yes, I did call this morning. I called the Crown and Anchor line first. They told me to call the post cruise line. I called there and they did not know at first what I was talking about but put me on hold and found we were correct and should have gotten a gift. RCI's gift department is to call us in the next day or so. No one else on our roll call received a gift. One person got a credit on their bill before disembarking. I never thought to go do that. I will wait and see what RCI plans to do for us when they call. If we don't hear from them in a day or 2 we are to call the Post Cruise Dept. back again. For us it is not the "gift" that matters but the principle of the thing that they said "you pay this and we will give you a gift" and they did not keep their end when we kept ours by paying.

[quote name='bullsfan']Yes, I did call this morning. I called the Crown and Anchor line first. They told me to call the post cruise line. I called there and they did not know at first what I was talking about but put me on hold and found we were correct and should have gotten a gift. RCI's gift department is to call us in the next day or so. No one else on our roll call received a gift. One person got a credit on their bill before disembarking. I never thought to go do that. I will wait and see what RCI plans to do for us when they call. If we don't hear from them in a day or 2 we are to call the Post Cruise Dept. back again. For us it is not the "gift" that matters but the principle of the thing that they said "you pay this and we will give you a gift" and they did not keep their end when we kept ours by paying.[/quote]

So I guess the party who got the credit on their bill, realized they didn't get a gift and mentioned it. By any chance do you know how much of a credit they received?

Archived