Zagat readers - help me rate.....

wa.mama

For those of you who are Zagat readers, help me rate non-luxury cruiseline food. On these boards the reviews can be so subjective that I'd like some kind of "standard" to understand cruise food with.

I've only cruised Celebrity, and rate them about a 20-21 on the Zagat's scale. I'm about to try Princess - anyone want to give their guess of what Zagat's would rate the average dining room meal for that cruiseline? Or go ahead and rate any of the cruiselines you've tried - just curious!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't consider myself a foodie, but rely on Zagats for all travel in unfamiliar cities. Are there really none of you out there who read Zagats? I thought this was the foodie forum. Help me rate the cruise lines in a more subjective manner!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't consider myself a foodie, but rely on Zagats for all travel in unfamiliar cities. Are there really none of you out there who read Zagats? I thought this was the foodie forum. Help me rate the cruise lines in a more subjective manner!

NCL Pearl was F 20 D 25 S 25 $Free!

It was a brand new ship and the crew was great. I don't think any of the food on any of the mass market lines is higher than the low 20's.

I wish HAL would increase their food budget and fares to cover the costs then they would be in my opinion the premium line they advertise.

Its difficult to give one rating because food quality varied from poor to excellent.Steaks and prime ribs are often tasteless or tough or both.

Overall food- somewhere between 0-20,service 25.

Pinnacle dining- food and service 20-25.

Archived