Sensation vs. Fascination

bubbles4me

I need help quick!! We are already booked on a cruise in november on the freedom but we can't wait that long so we have decided to book a cruise in may. We have two options the fascination going to key west and cozumel or the sensation going to nassau and half moon kay. The prices are the same so i would love to hear everyones input on which one is better. Thanks a million!!

I need help quick!! We are already booked on a cruise in november on the freedom but we can't wait that long so we have decided to book a cruise in may. We have two options the fascination going to key west and cozumel or the sensation going to nassau and half moon kay. The prices are the same so i would love to hear everyones input on which one is better. Thanks a million!!

I would want to go to Half Moon-- the Fascination is probably a nicer ship since it has be refurbished, but Half Moon is so awesome. The prettiest beach I have ever been. I would always pick it over Key West. Nassau was fun too.

I liked the Fascination more:

- Cabins have been refurbished with the new furniture and flat screen TV's

- Ship decoration (in my opinion) is nicer. The Sensation is loud metallic purple.

- I like Key West and Cozumel much more than the Bahamas. Key West with it's charm, and history, and Cozumel with it's shopping and beaches

- This one is another subjective opinion, but I enjoyed my fellow passengers more on the Fascination.

The one thing that I enjoyed more on the Sensation was the Port Canaveral facilities. They seem to be a bit more passenger friendly. The personnel at Port Canaveral was awesome!

Thank you for your wonderful thoughts!! We are leaning more towards the sensation just because we have already been to cozumel twice and we are going to key west on our cruise in november so thanks for all your ideas anymore are greatly appriciated!!

I thought the Sensation had some remodeling as well, it is listed as such on Carnival's website. I know it hasnt had the evolutions of fun upgrades yet, but some, like the TV, public rooms, etc. WE are going in March and read wonderful reviews about her.

I thought the Sensation had some remodeling as well, it is listed as such on Carnival's website. I know it hasnt had the evolutions of fun upgrades yet, but some, like the TV, public rooms, etc. WE are going in March and read wonderful reviews about her.

I sailed on the Sensation in May 2007 and it still had the old furniture, bathrooms and TV's. The closet door was coming off its hinges and the TV had fallen off it's base (so it was sitting low inside its casing). Not enough to spoil our cruise, but we definitely took notice of this because we had been on the recently renovated Fascination with the brand new furniture and flat screen TV's just 5 months before...

The Sensation 4-day cruises in May, 2008 are showing an itinerary of Freeport and Nassau. When the Fascination comes to Jacksonville in September the 5-day cruise will alternate with the Half Moon Cay and Nassau itinerary (vs. Key West and Nassau). You might want to double check the itinerary for the Sensation. I hope this helps.

I have sailed on both ships and have been to all of the stops listed recently. For me I would go to HMC not even a close call. If you are not a beach person then may KW would be better for.

Last week when we were on the Sensation our cabin had flat screen tv and had been refitted. So had our cabin last May on the Sensation. We had U93 last week and U98 last year. Both ships are great choose the ports you like best.

Archived