Differences between Mariner and Adventure

I am looking at the Mariner Western itinerary and Adventure Southern itinerary. We have been on the Mariner Western before and I just wanted to know if there are any difference between the two ships. I know they are in the same class, wondered if they were different in any way. We loved the Mariner and are hoping the Adventure is the same layout.

Thanks

I am looking at the Mariner Western itinerary and Adventure Southern itinerary. We have been on the Mariner Western before and I just wanted to know if there are any difference between the two ships. I know they are in the same class, wondered if they were different in any way. We loved the Mariner and are hoping the Adventure is the same layout.

Thanks

Inside the ships they would be similar in build, with different decor.

The major difference I know of is their outside look, especially at their balconies. The Mariner has semi clear glass beneath the rail, the Adventure has metal. So, sitting down you can not see the water as well as on the Mariner.

Click on the little pictures to enlarge them.

The left one is the Mariner.

(1620 is the Royal suite not the Owners suite it was mis marked)

The right picture is the Navigator.

Go to the RCCL website and look at the deck plans. You can compare them to see if they are the same. ;)

Beside the balcony issue Adventure doesn't have a Vintages Wine Bar like Mariner. Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure all have a sports bar instead...the wine bar was added in the place of the sports bar for the later Voyager ships. Otherwise, I think they are pretty similar...I haven't been on Mariner yet...but have been on Navigator which is just like Mariner I'm told and have been on both Adventure and Explorer. Besides the balconies and the lack of the wine bar, I didn't notice any real differences in the other things offered between the ships.

Besides the balcony differences, Adventure only has Portofino's.....Mariner and Navigator have both Portofino's and Chops.....

Oh yeah I forgot that one which is weird since I now remember being disappointed there was no Chops like on Navigator (although I did end up enjoying Portofino)

I have sailed both the Adventure and the Mariner. The major differences have pretty much been pointed out ;)

True there is more metal where the balconies are concerned on the AOS - but it does not obstruct your view at all. There is still plexi glass to look through and you can see the ocean clearly :) see below

2359734770085690988DWjrUH_th.jpg

I have sailed both the Adventure and the Mariner. The major differences have pretty much been pointed out ;)

True there is more metal where the balconies are concerned on the AOS - but it does not obstruct your view at all. There is still plexi glass to look through and you can see the ocean clearly :) see below

Ah, but can you look right down at the sea and watch the flying fish and dolphins playing in the side wake while sitting down, as on the Navigator, Mariner with the clear balconies? :D

We are spoiled. ;) And lazy. :D

As stated above, there is very little difference between the Mariner and Adventure. We have done both ships and loved them! The itinerary for the Adventure can't be beat. We loved Aruba (have been there before) and Curacao! We found the staff on the Adventure to be better than what we experienced on the Mariner. We just got off the Freedom and it was awesome too. Why not try the Adventure since you have already been on the western Mariner. We liked our itinerary and the service much better on the AOS. Would sail her again in a heartbeat!

Ah, but can you look right down at the sea and watch the flying fish and dolphins playing in the side wake while sitting down, as on the Navigator, Mariner with the clear balconies? :D

We are spoiled. ;) And lazy. :D

Alexis - you are a trouble maker!!!! :p Love ya!

I wondered how long it would take Robyn to find this thread...she seems to have a radar when it comes to the AOS :) If you wanna know anything about AOS, ask Robyn...thats what I did :)

As stated above, there is very little difference between the Mariner and Adventure. We have done both ships and loved them! The itinerary for the Adventure can't be beat. We loved Aruba (have been there before) and Curacao!

I agree with you on the itinerary. The Adventure to the Southern Caribbean is far better if you have never done that before.

The Southern Caribbean is our favorite also.

I have not been on Adventure, but the metal wall below the railing, or in this case partially below the railing, would definitely restrict the sight range while just sitting or reclining. We had the same visual impediment on the Disney Wonder in one of their balcony cabins toward the aft portion of the ship where the superstructure of the hull, much like Adventure, encloses a certain portion of the"frame" of the balcony. Not that it isn't nice, but clear glass from railing to floor makes much better visuals from the balcony.

The other difference is of course, is which islands the adventure visits--we debated between the two ships, and wanted to get to aruba and curacao, but the budget issue of flying three of us to san juan compared to driving to port canaveral won out in our case. Our first ever cruise was Empress from San Juan, but back then I traveled more and had frequent flier miles so it was painless. Now I work locally, rarely fly, and have tried to use up my frequent flier miles so that i don't end up with nothing if the airlines go under. (used to represent several airlines in my previous law practice).

Alexis - you are a trouble maker!!!! :p Love ya!

I drop the bait and there you are. :D

I have also sailed the Adventure when brand spanking new and she is a beauty. My first view of the Promenade will always remain in my mind as the most spectacular thing on a ship.

But, I am old and lazy. I want to sit and see. :p

I have not been on Adventure, but the metal wall below the railing, or in this case partially below the railing, would definitely restrict the sight range while just sitting or reclining. We had the same visual impediment on the Disney Wonder in one of their balcony cabins toward the aft portion of the ship where the superstructure of the hull, much like Adventure, encloses a certain portion of the"frame" of the balcony. Not that it isn't nice, but clear glass from railing to floor makes much better visuals from the balcony.

Logan - I do agree that a view through just plexiglass would be optimal :) but in the case of the AOS - I didn't find my view impeded by the metal. Maybe when I was sitting on the balcony I just had to stretch my neck a tiny bit :p

I wondered how long it would take Robyn to find this thread...she seems to have a radar when it comes to the AOS :) If you wanna know anything about AOS, ask Robyn...thats what I did :)

LOL! Yup, that's me. I have built in AOS radar!!!!! I don't know everything about the AOS - but in time I will ;) I am about to sail her for the 4th and 5th time :D

Logan - I do agree that a view through just plexiglass would be optimal :) but in the case of the AOS - I didn't find my view impeded by the metal. Maybe when I was sitting on the balcony I just had to stretch my neck a tiny bit :p

Hello All~~

To put a finer point on the subject of the metal/plexi balconies: Be aware that this wall on Deck 6 has more metal and less plexi than do the balconies on Decks 7 through 10. I would avoid booking a balcony on Deck 6.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Archived