How late does the dining room and Windjammer serve breakfast?

dixie54

And what are your favorite things to order in each? thanks for any info!

Times vary from ship to ship and day to day depending on the day's activities. The times will be posted in the Compass the night before.

There is a wide selection in both areas. Some ships even have a quick buffet set up in the dinning room so you can have the best of both worlds without giving up someone you want to have breakfast with.

Enjoy :)

The Windjammer, of course, is a buffet. In the dining room, you can order pretty much anything you want. IF they can make it, they will! (Or combine different orders! Like eggs, sausage AND french toast!) We really prefer the dining room, as you aren't searching for jelly or syrup while your food gets cold and stuck to your plate!

I think they both close way too early for breakfast. Most of our cruises have been about 9:30 for the dining room and about 10-10:30 for the buffet. We love breakfast as we never get a chance to have it at home but we also like to sleep on vacation and not have to rush to eat!

The Windjammer, of course, is a buffet. In the dining room, you can order pretty much anything you want. IF they can make it, they will! (Or combine different orders! Like eggs, sausage AND french toast!) We really prefer the dining room, as you aren't searching for jelly or syrup while your food gets cold and stuck to your plate!

I see the visual....................

Thanks, that just really struck my funny bone :D :D

:D R O T F L M A O :D

The ships we've been on the dining room has usually been 7-9 or 7:30-9:30 though as mentioned it does depend on the days activity. The windjammer has been fairly consistent with a continental breakfast from 6:30-7 and breakfast from 7-11.

I like the fruit, scrambled eggs, and hash browns in the windjammer (but then I'm partial to the windjammer for all my meals).

Depending on where the ship is on any particular day (in port or at sea), the dining room is usually open from 7-9 a.m. or 8-10 a.m. (except for the last day when it opens at 6:30 a.m. and closes at 8:30). Breakfast is available in the Windjammer until 11 a.m. according to the Cruise Compass, but in actuality breakfast is available until 11:30 when they begin serving lunch.

In fact, the Windjammer is always serving something until they are done with casual dinner in the evening (about 9 p.m.) Believe me, you won't go hungry. :)

Having said that, I prefer eating in the dining room most of the time. It's a pleasure to be served rather than trying to juggle a plate and a mug of coffee and a glass of juice in the Windjammer. Then I have to run around getting my coffee refilled while the rest of my meal gets cold and gelatinous. :eek: I'm always the one serving at home; it's nice to be served when we're on vacation.

Been back from my first ever FOS cruise 3 weeks ago. <smacks forehead> I feel stupid reading all these posts about breakfast at the Dining Room. The best part of my cruise was eating at Galileos every night. Had I known they were open for breakfast, I would've skipped the buffet line at Windjammer. We got all dolled up for dinner, Is the breakfast service casual?

Check your Compass the time changes each day. We showed up at 9:35 thinking we early, dining room closed at 9:30. I was in a huff until I got back to the room and read the Compass. The Compass before had the dining room open until 10 AM.

I found on the last cruise that the Compass can change from day to day per what is going on the ship. I always thought they were preprinted and on a set schedule. They print the Compass on a daily basis to reflect the changing conditions on the ship. We were delayed for 5 hours because of fog in Galveston on a B2B so we had a few changes in the Compass.

Archived