What scuba equipment do you take?

KJHorton

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but with the new fees airlines are charging for an extra bag it makes sense to make sure you not over the weight limit since you already have to pay $25 for the extra checked bag. My wife and I did Princess cruise in Feb and we were able to get everything in 2 checked and 2 carryon bags. We were able to pack light since Princess had coin op laundry on board and I did shirts and shorts and unmentionables on Wednesday meaning we only had to pack about half as much as compared to a ship with no laundry leaving more room for specific dive gear. FYI I am the only diver so if you have multiple divers in your group you may just plan on the extra $25 for your gear.

Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but with the new fees airlines are charging for an extra bag it makes sense to make sure you not over the weight limit since you already have to pay $25 for the extra checked bag. My wife and I did Princess cruise in Feb and we were able to get everything in 2 checked and 2 carryon bags. We were able to pack light since Princess had coin op laundry on board and I did shirts and shorts and unmentionables on Wednesday meaning we only had to pack about half as much as compared to a ship with no laundry leaving more room for specific dive gear. FYI I am the only diver so if you have multiple divers in your group you may just plan on the extra $25 for your gear.

And Holland America has a full week of washed and folded clothes service for $45/cabin. It was quite a deal, put all your laundry in a bag in the morning, get it back in the evening or next morning, in a basket, washed and folded and shirts, skirts, pants and dresses on hangers. Came home with 85% of our clothes ready to put back in the drawers.

Randall

And Holland America has a full week of washed and folded clothes service for $45/cabin. It was quite a deal, put all your laundry in a bag in the morning, get it back in the evening or next morning, in a basket, washed and folded and shirts, skirts, pants and dresses on hangers. Came home with 85% of our clothes ready to put back in the drawers.

Randall

At $25 each way per person to check a second bag, it would be a considerable savings to take only one checked bag and send your dirty clothing to the laundry once during the cruise.

Did HAL shrink or fade anything? Can they handle the types of clothing you usually wash in cold water and hang to dry?

Archived