Canary Islands

fun2cruise

Thank you for offer of assistance.

We will be visiting Tenerife on 20th November, from 8am - 4pm, on MSC Lirica.

We are so excited that the cruise is visiting both the Canary and Madeira Islands, on its transatlantic voyage.

What would you suggest independent travellers do to get a taste of Tenerife in this short time (knowing that we are highly unlikely to visit this part of the world again)?

Tucats,

I hope you are reading because we need your help.

Four of us will be in Tenerife in Oct, 08 and will like very much to hire a taxi or a local tour operator who can supply us with a driver to see the sights there. If you know of such operators could you please give us their contact email addresses or let us know how much a taxi driver will charge for a tour of 6-7 hours. We think we know what to see but any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

Pansy

I live on the Canary Island of Tenerife - most cruises call into the island's capital of Santa Cruz - if I can be of any help.

Hi. We're in Tenerife and Lanzarote on May 11th and 12th. What would you recommend so we could enjoy these awsome islands in the short period of time we have (8 hrs each day)? There are four of us travelling (one with some mobility problems). We usually stay away from the ship's tours and generally rent a taxi /tour guide for a day. Do you have any suggestions and/or names of companies? This would be greatly appreciated.

Could you also please give me suggestions for Las Palmas, Gran Canary? We prefer to avoid ship tours. Driving a car on our own is good with us or sometimes even adventures on local busses.

If your cruise stops at Tenerife you are in for a real treat. The trip up to the volcano is quite amazing. We did it with a rental car, but all the cruises also have tours. On our visit it was an overcast day, but once we drove above 8000 feet we were above the clouds and the views were spectacular. One interesting tidbit was that we own a top-of-the-line Garmin GPS system which has all the maps of Europe (including the Canarys). But, the mapping of the roads in the National Park (the volcano area) are totally wrong. This caused us no problem since there are few roads in the area, but it was fun being on roads that were mis-mapped.

Hank

• 2 months later...
Tucats,

I hope you are reading because we need your help.

Four of us will be in Tenerife in Oct, 08 and will like very much to hire a taxi or a local tour operator who can supply us with a driver to see the sights there. If you know of such operators could you please give us their contact email addresses or let us know how much a taxi driver will charge for a tour of 6-7 hours. We think we know what to see but any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

Pansy

We just returned from a fantastic cruise (Rio - Athens) and one of our stops was Teneriffe.

Carlos Martinez (our fantastic driver) drove the four of us around all day. His command of the English language is great and his knowledge of the island and its surroundings was shared with great enthusiasm and Witt. I will highly recommend him to anyone visiting the island. You can contact him by email or phone to arrange the day.

carletys (at) hotmail (dot) com (please substitute () with the appropriate symbols.

Phone = 0034 657 640674

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your information about Carlos Martinez and it is much appreciated.

Please answer another question for us, could we walk from where the cruise ship will dock to meet the driver? or have to take a shuttle bus?

Sorry for the late reply for we just came back from another trip.

Happy sailing.

Pansy

Has anyone been to the Canary Islands? We are planning a cruise for 2009 and wanted to go to Europe, I saw a Canary Island and Morroco cruise sailing out of Barcelona on RCCL, sounded interesting. Any info appreciated....thanks!

better if you can get a cruise out of Lisbon if the Canary Islands are your main interest. :)

• 1 month later...
I live on the Canary Island of Tenerife - most cruises call into the island's capital of Santa Cruz - if I can be of any help.

We will be there December 3rd 8AM - 4PM, what do you recomend for this time frame?

Archived