When do you hear from NCL after cruise for latitude number, cruise offers?

CrusinAgain

Wow....never have I been on a cruise and come back to nothing from the cruiseline thanking me, or sending me more brochures for sailings. We have heard absolutely nothing since our November cruise and don't even know our latitude number. Please don't tell me to call customer service to get it. If they value my business they would me trying to get me to cruise more via e-mails or regular mail or thanking me and giving me my latitudes number to use for future quotes. Without that number, you can't get quotes on the online web sites that ask you to put it in.

Anyone? Is this their normal after a cruise? Dead silence?

I got a Thank You letter/upgrade coupon several months after my first NCL cruise. It had my lattitudes number on it as well as a free upgrade offer. In addition, I now get the Lattitudes magazine emailed to me. If you don't want to call NCL try looking on your old cruise docs as your lattitudes number should be printed on them.

I've sailed on Carnival, Celebrity, and NCL. I'm not sure what lines you've been on, but IMO NCL has done no more or less than the other two that I've been on. Celebrity sent us a thank you letter/upgrade offer similiar to the one I received from NCL and that was it. I don't recall what, if anything, Carnival did.

as said, the latitude number is the customer ID number on your docs from your cruise. the magazine is in email form for most of us. haven't got a latitude discount yet, it hasn't been available for my cruises.

if you are signed up for a "my account" on ncl.com, your latitude number and level show up next to your name.

I see a "client ID" number starting with a 2 but other than my cabin number and reservation number there is nothing saying latitude number on my documents. Is this the number?

The Client ID # is your latitudes #

You can go here and set up a login that will show your # or use your number to set up an account

https://www.ncl.com/nclweb/secure/registrationRetrievalOptions.html

It will be 6 months since our first cruise with NCL and we still have not received any thank you letter or upgrade certificate from them. I have called twice and they said it sometimes takes 6 months. Well come Monday it will be excatly 6 months and I wonder if I will ever get that thank you letter and upgrade cert. We are booked for next February to the Mexican Rivieria and was hoping to do an upgrade. Is this common for it to take this long?

Thank you, Bosslady:)

Guest Anorak33

We've cruised lots with NCL in all sorts of cabins from inside to AB suite and everything in between.

Never had a thankyou letter - never expected one.

Never had a magazine or any special offers in the mail or by email.

Never had an upgrade or an upgrade certificate.

Never had an upsell call.

Never had a reply to any email I ever sent them, or any letter I sent them.

Did get a refund for a cancelled cruise after 3 months of pestering them on the phone.

Still trying to get another 2 credits sorted out, NCL are still stonewalling me after a few months.

Don't do the future cruise credit is my advice, unless you have a real good travel agent who will deal with it all for you, it can cause more problems than its worth.

Personally I think the Miami office is a nightmare, but the ships are great, the crew are great and the overall cruise experience is wonderful.

Otherwise I would not be booking NCL again.

We dumped Cunard for the same reasons, in their case the office was bad and the ships had gone downhill so badly it wasn't worth us carrying on booking with them.

And we are fairly heavy Cunard (Carnival) stockholders.

We sign onto MY CRUISES & get no Latitudes info. Folks tell me we are to see Latitudes # & Level. NOPE!

I have sent them an email & THEY SAY NOTHING!

Try logging on and then clicking "My Cruises".

On the top right of the screen you should see something that says, "My NCL" that lists your lattitutes number and level.

I sailed Carnival line about 3 years ago, and still get magazines with upgrade offers in them.Same is true for RCL. I just came back from our first cruise on NCL about a month ago and still nothing from them. I know a month is not a long time, but the difference in customer service from these lines is huge. I personally think NCL has terrible cust. service, but I did enjoy my cruise with them. If NCL were smart, they would send out thanks you's or mailings telling their customers about upcoming cruises. I guess they just don't understand the power of advertising.

On the top right of the screen you should see something that says, "My NCL" that lists your lattitutes number and level.

But for that to be the case you had to have cruised on NCL before.

for the "my account" on NCL.com...when you 1st sign up (or go back to update your account) you have to give them the information. for 1st time, you give them you cruise information and your recent reservations show up and your latitude number.

Guest Anorak33
I sailed Carnival line about 3 years ago, and still get magazines with upgrade offers in them.Same is true for RCL. I just came back from our first cruise on NCL about a month ago and still nothing from them. I know a month is not a long time, but the difference in customer service from these lines is huge. I personally think NCL has terrible cust. service, but I did enjoy my cruise with them. If NCL were smart, they would send out thanks you's or mailings telling their customers about upcoming cruises. I guess they just don't understand the power of advertising.

The thing is that NCL know that if repeat passengers don't book cruises on NCL then there is a huge untapped market of people who WILL.

They normally sail full, regardless of their customer after sales service.

One area they are missing out on though from reading all the posts here is that they are virtually giving away the suites in the last month before sailing or so by upselling, not that I've had one.

This must cost them bigtime.

Just looking at Jade T/A later this month, AA were $15000, now are $7000, still available and I bet may go for a $800 upsell to someone who booked a balcony or whatever.

I tried logging into NCL - My Cruises and there was only a choice to Update my Account which I went into and Update My Cruise Perferences which showed nothing about level or Latitudes or previous cruises with them. There was also a area for My Reservations and I don't have any so that doesn't work and my old number doesn't work. No where to be found any info that I had traveled with them. That is totally different also than the Princess one where I log on and see all the cruises naming the ship, date, days and place along with what level I am at.

Okay, well I guess I am just use to seeing e-mails from Carnival all the time and phone calls with offers. I am use to receiving from Princess a thank you letter with a sales brochure. I am also use to receiving from Princess by e-mail and regular mail brochures on their sailings with date of best price, specials and I will always get a holiday card. Got a valentines card from them this week and they send you a DVD for free to show what they offer and where.

However, luckily I do have 1 piece of paper that have that client ID number on it and someone here says that is my Latitude number.

So now I see there is no part in worrying about that Latitudes number because it appears they just don't offer past passenger discounts like Carnival and Princess does.

Yes, their ships may fill...but they drop their prices significantly after final payment to fill their ships. I have watched them before our cruise and continue to watch them. I am currently booked on Princess and would like to move up but they continue to go up in price and they now have a huge waiting list for the majority of categories. It appears to me it pays to do Marketing the way Princess and Carnival does because they don't have to go down on pricing to fill - they go up. Big difference.

NCL should rethink their Marketing stragedy and try to retain the newbies that go. When I don't hear from a cruiseline afterwards, I know my business was not appreciated when I receive absolutely no e-mails, letters, brochures, latitude news letters, nothing. I was interested in a Canada/New England cruise they offer but the longer it takes to hear from them sending me something or a simple e-mail for goshs sakes saying we hope you enjoyed your trip and look forward to seeing you again - how hard is that? No costs involved in sending the e-mails.

Some of you that cruise regularly on NCL may think no big deal but yes, it is a big deal since NCL is in the red from what I read while the others are in the black. It's important to you that NCL gets theirselves in the black for your continued enjoyment.

Thanks much to everyone who responded. Again, its not anywhere online, its only on 1 piece of paper from my boarding documents that I had printed out and luckily saved.

But for that to be the case you had to have cruised on NCL before.

I booked two NCL cruises on the same day. NCL gave me TWO Lattitudes #s that day, and two for my daughter who is traveling with me. I have never sailed on NCL. They give you the numbers before you sail. I had to call to get it down to one number each! (I called the Latitudes # not reservations and found a very helpful clerk).

Then you go to NCL.com and set up the myNCL as described above. Keep the # some place handy so if you book another cruise, as I did, be sure to tell the travel agent or NCL agent that number, or they'll assign you yet another Latitudes #.

I am not positive, but I think on those pages for mycruises there are boxes to check if you want your Latitudes magazine to be an online read, and a box to check if you want emails of sales.

I booked two NCL cruises on the same day. NCL gave me TWO Lattitudes #s that day, and two for my daughter who is traveling with me. .

Yes you were assigned a Client ID that will become your Latitudes AFTER you complete your first cruise. As I was trying to point out you have no Latitudes status/level until then. ;)

No #, No level, no nothing..............

My NCL

Update My Profile

Update Cruise Preferences

Now you can manage your account online and you can even let us know if your vacation preferences have changed.

My Reservations\\

Now you can access all your reservations online. It's fast! It's easy! It's convenient!

function validateForm() { var reservationId = getElement('reservationIdSelector'); if(getElement('reservationForm').reservationId.value == "") { getElement('reservationIdRequired').style.display = 'block'; reservationId.className = 'error'; return false; } updateEdocAvailFlag(reservationId); getElement('reservationForm').submit();}function updateEdocAvailFlag(reservationId) { getElement('eDocAvailability').value = reservationId.options[reservationId.selectedIndex].getAttribute('isEDocAvailability');}Locate Reservations

Reservation ID is required

You do not have any reservations

\

You do not have any reservations

Here's your problem! According to this you have not linked your current reservations to your online account! Once you do that, you should be able to see all your info.

You can also see your lattitudes number on your advanced registration form you are required to fill out prior to sailing. Click on the pic of the passport, and enter your booking number (the number you got from your TA when you booked the trip), your last name and first initial, and your sailing info. This will bring you to the forms you need to fill out. Once you have done this you can view the forms and print them. Your lattitudes number will appear on this form.

It wasn't until I'd sailed 3 times on NCL, that I got a "Thank You", upgrade card. I didn't miss what I didn't have. Granted I might try to to use the upgrade coupon for one of my booked cruises but I am happy with what I have so anything else is gravy. :)

The Latitudes magazine only comes out quarterly. I get weekly Latitudes Deals e-mails from NCL. I'm actually happy that I'm not bombarded with paper "stuff" from NCL.

Archived