Single Supplement ?

My mother is planning on booking her 2009 cruise with us. She does not want to share a cabin with us, however she wants to book as soon as the itineraries are released in April, but doesn't have a traveling companion (roommate) yet. Would she be able to book as a single and later add a name to her reservation, if she wished?

It looks to me as if the charge for a single is slightly less than double the price pp for a double occupancy, correct? How much deposit would be required for a single?

Sunny AZ girl...I've booked for two and then dropped the second person...now I'm booking for one and would have been able to add if I could find someone to join me. This will be my second solo cruise coming up.

Cost is basically as Sue L said.

Jen

If you book the second person as a TBA, then you have to pay two deposits. If you book as a solo, you only have to pay one deposit.

On my first solo cruise, I tried to add a roommate after final payment but was unable to do so - apparently the ship was already at capacity. It is rare that this happens though.

If you book the second person as a TBA, then you have to pay two deposits. If you book as a solo, you only have to pay one deposit.

On my first solo cruise, I tried to add a roommate after final payment but was unable to do so - apparently the ship was already at capacity. It is rare that this happens though.

I just spoke to RCI about this. You are correct, but you are not guarenteed that the ship will not fill up. Just because your cabin has space does not mean that the ship does. The ship maximum is significantly less than the total number of persons the ship will hold with all cabins at maximum capasity. The only way to ensure a spot for a potential TBD is to book it as such, and make a final decision before final payment is due.

Be careful.

I just spoke to RCI about this. You are correct, but you are not guarenteed that the ship will not fill up. Just because your cabin has space does not mean that the ship does. The ship maximum is significantly less than the total number of persons the ship will hold with all cabins at maximum capasity. The only way to ensure a spot for a potential TBD is to book it as such, and make a final decision before final payment is due.

Be careful.

Intersting.....It does make sense, though. I will have to make sure Mom knows all of her options. It would make sense to book as a TBD, then...as long as she can still sail solo if necessary. The added deposit $ would just be that much less she has to pay at final payment time if she finds a roomie.

If you don't mind paying 2 deposits, she could always book with the TBA and if she doesn't find a roommate, cancel the TBA before final payment. That way she doesn't have to pay two sets of taxes and fees.

The single supplement isn't always 200% (double). My Brother-in-law booked on the Explorer and the single supplement was $175%. So, I think that it depends on which cruise you are on.

Yes, you can occasionally find a single fare which is NOT 200%, but Royal Caribbean doesn't have them very often.

They are certainly worth ferreting out, though!

:)

D+ with 50 cruises only pays 150% but I don't think that will help you Ginny. Keep checking RCL's web page and go through the process as if you are looking to book a new reaervation. If they have discounted the single fare then you'll know right away. Good luck and enjoy your cruise with Mom :D

D+ with 50 cruises only pays 150% but I don't think that will help you Ginny. Keep checking RCL's web page and go through the process as if you are looking to book a new reaervation. If they have discounted the single fare then you'll know right away. Good luck and enjoy your cruise with Mom :D

Thanks, Karyn! Why don't you join us?:D

The single supplement isn't always 200% (double). My Brother-in-law booked on the Explorer and the single supplement was $175%. So, I think that it depends on which cruise you are on.

I sailed on Majesty in Sept for 150%. Check those prices regularly. Specials do appear...

Thanks, Karyn! Why don't you join us?:D

I have 2 cruises booked for 2009, january and June. Where and when are you going? I'd love to have a dinner table with you again....Karyn

Since the Monarch won't be sailing the end of this year we booked our girls cruise on Vision Nov 30 and had to allow BOYS! You interested?

Archived