Promenade Rooms?????? Anyone??

Marie50

My mother was in a promenade room on the Navigator Deck 6, just one deck above the promenade. On that deck you can definitely hear the parades outside very clearly. As long as you retire after midnight you won't be bothered by the noise. It was only during the parades that the noise was noticeable. My mother thought it was an interesting room because you can sit by your window and "people watch" but people can also watch you at your window. I was in a balcony cabin across the hall for almost the same price and I definitely would have that over the promenade cabin.

Happy Cruising!

We are booking connecting PR rooms 6287-89 for the Explorer's Christmas/New Year's cruise 12/21/08. Two PRs for the four of us saved $980 vs one D1 balcony!!! ;)

Will the Promenade be all decked out with Holiday decorations?

Also, in looking at some pics that have been linked to here and there, it looks as if the side windows open? I see these slats/vain-looking things that maybe indicate you can tilt them open? Or is that just a decor/shutter thing on the outside that's just for show? So, do the PR room windows open at all?

Loved my PR on the Mariner...we we right above the Promenade Cafe--so a quick hop down the stairs to fetch coffee and pastry in the AM was great...light was never and issue..no was noise ( of course we were probably the last ones to bed) we actually had 3 cbains in a row and brought along some flags to hang in the windows ( NASCAR,Pats, Red Sox) it was cool to see people walking by and pointing... we would do it again in a hearbeat --- i love people watching !!!!

Loved my PR on the Mariner...we we right above the Promenade Cafe--so a quick hop down the stairs to fetch coffee and pastry in the AM was great...light was never and issue..no was noise ( of course we were probably the last ones to bed) we actually had 3 cbains in a row and brought along some flags to hang in the windows ( NASCAR,Pats, Red Sox) it was cool to see people walking by and pointing... we would do it again in a hearbeat --- i love people watching !!!!

What deck were you on? I am booked on deck 7 for November :)

We had 2 connecting pr rooms on AOS for 4 of us. The first night dh and I sat on the seat by the window and watched the parade along with my 7 year old dd. I'm 5'1 and my dd was just about 4 feet. We had no trouble seeing the parade. Dh is 6 feet but I don't think he saw it any better/worse than us. My youngest was sound asleep and didn't wake up. Next summer we are again going in two PR deck 7 rooms on the opposite AOS route. For the 4 of us I like the extra space of two rooms over a balcony D1 room and it was cheaper.

Just wondering before I book one if there is much light coming in when the curtains are closed since I know that the Promenade is lit up all night. How about sound, can you hear much through the window seat area?

I stayed in the Promenade Staterooms before and they are wonderful! Your room will not have light come through the curtains if they are closed. You also cannot hear anything on the Promenade unless a parade is taking place and even then it won't be that loud. Its actually a good room to stay in if you want a nice sleep because the sun won't be shining in your room early in the morning.

We booked the Promenade rooms on the Explorer. The only noise you will hear is when the parade or the shows before dinner come alive out there. The curtains do keep the light out. The windows are designed to keep out regular noise and we really didn't hear anything when we were in our stateroom. Have fun.

Great photo album, Cavatelli430, thank you. I saved the album as a favorite so I can get even more excited (if that's possible) about out 6/28 Liberty cruise. We have connecting promenade cabins on deck 6 - we figure the extra bathroom will be a big plus since one of us is a teenager who must have access to a mirror at all times! :D

Katink

The Explorer was our first voyager class ship. Now we love them. We thought the parades were amazing. The show that they put on in such a small area is remarkable. The welcoming parade had an "explorer" theme. From Columbus to Gilligan and all the fishes in the sea! You will understand when you see it. Go early as it will be crowded but don't be scared off. Understandably, it was the only time I noticed the crowds on this beautiful ship. Your daughter will love it.

CaArol

My wife and I have had PR cabin on our last 3 cruises (Explorer, Mariner and Adventure). We have been on deck 8 center of the Promenade. We love them. Noise is not an issue except during events in the Promenade which are usually only 2 or 3 nights of a 7 day cruise and they are over by 10. Light is not an issue .. cutain block 100%. Last month on Adventure 2 other couples at our dinner table were also in PR cabins and said those cabins were their favorite too. We spend little time in our room except to sleep and change clothes 4 times a day. We will do balcony on Alaska where weather is cooler and more scenerey than a Caribbean cruise.

It ain't the light, it's the noise. Two weeks ago on the Mariner we were right next to to the bridge in room 7575. We heard everything. Every live music, every parade, every street dance, every raffle, every sales promo. Particularly the bass, the thump thump invaded the room.

Since we were awake :eek: it was nice place to watch the parade from.

There is a shortage of drawers (only 4 very small under the TV), the closet was small and the shelves in the closet were too. The safe takes up one self in the closet. Bathroom was normal size.

Try not to get one that has a connecting door, there is a lot of noise that comes through it, we heard snoring, coughing and the TV.

Otherwise it was a very nice room. We have two more set up on Liberty and Indy but neither is near the center. Maybe if you are further away from the bridge it won't be so bad.

Catherine, I would like to say Thank You for all the terrific photos you linked to. We are off on a B2B in September on the Freedom and are booked into room 8275. This appears to be opposite and 5 up from where you were. Would we be able to get a view of the bridge where the performers were, from 5 up? I can see you were right by them. We could have got the room next to the bridge on one cruise but not on both and we didn't want to change rooms.

Light is not a problem at all! We just returned from Liberty and loved the Promenade room. There are actually 2 curtains, one is sheer and the other is thick fabric that no light can get through. Our room attendant was great closing just the sheer curtain during the day and closing both at night. Of course I would always run over and open them so I could check out what was going on down below! The lighting in the Promenade changed throughout the day. It was regular light morning and daytime and at night, it was darker (purple lite). I've got lots of pictures to share, but only have pics on snapfish right now. As for sound, we didn't hear any sound, except for the 2 parades and dancing in the streets party, music is very muffled, so not a problem. Guess it would help to tell you we were on Deck 8 mid-ship.

awesome photos!! thanks!! :D Do you remember your cabin number?

Also since the PR cabin on the opposite side overlooks your window you must close the curtains or at least the sheers to have privacy.

Aww.. you weren't supposed to tell! We had a PR cabin on the Voyager last cruise. We loved it, it was spacious enough that we could easily move around (this was the smallest cabin to date for us). We were on deck 8. There was no loud noises and the curtains took care of all the light.

We had a great time people watching. Most people didn't realize that, um, hello, other people can see through your window! We had one lady down a deck and across that liked to sit on her couch in her lingerie with the curtains open. We nicknamed her "red light district". It was entertaining anyway, lol.

I'd book another PR, I love people watching and its cheaper than a balcony!

Is this 'bridge" a pax bridge too or just for the performers?

Where exactly is it in relation to our PR rooms 6287-89 on the Explorer?

Thanx much for any help!

The bridges are for use by the ship's staff only and really is just a elevated platform for the captain's staff introduction, entertainers for the parade events, etc.

We were in Adventure cabin 6577 (port side) and it was just beside, 2nd from, toward the stern of the front bridge which was located where the large service area (white area) on the deckplan between cabins 6563 and 6575. I believe the second bridge is between cabins 6597 and 6601 (again marked by, the smaller than the front one, white area on the deckplan) so your cabins are on the other (starboard) side and inbetween the two bridges. I believe these cabins are directly over the sport's bar and since ours was directly over the pub which made it a little noisy in the evening as we could hear the entertainer, this may be a concern for you if you like to go to bed early.

Aww.. you weren't supposed to tell! We had a PR cabin on the Voyager last cruise. We loved it, it was spacious enough that we could easily move around (this was the smallest cabin to date for us). We were on deck 8. There was no loud noises and the curtains took care of all the light.

We had a great time people watching. Most people didn't realize that, um, hello, other people can see through your window! We had one lady down a deck and across that liked to sit on her couch in her lingerie with the curtains open. We nicknamed her "red light district". It was entertaining anyway, lol.

I'd book another PR, I love people watching and its cheaper than a balcony!

Yes, as we say in Quebec here in Canada, c'est bon pour les voyeurs (That's good for the peeping Toms).

The bridges are for use by the ship's staff only and really is just a elevated platform for the captain's staff introduction, entertainers for the parade events, etc.

We were in Adventure cabin 6577 (port side) and it was just beside, 2nd from, toward the stern of the front bridge which was located where the large service area (white area) on the deckplan between cabins 6563 and 6575. I believe the second bridge is between cabins 6597 and 6601 (again marked by, the smaller than the front one, white area on the deckplan) so your cabins are on the other (starboard) side and inbetween the two bridges. I believe these cabins are directly over the sport's bar and since ours was directly over the pub which made it a little noisy in the evening as we could hear the entertainer, this may be a concern for you if you like to go to bed early.

Thank you so very much for the detailed reply! I really appreciate you taking the time. Do you know also what might be in the white area right next to our Explorer cabin 6287? I thought I had noticed a 'scenic overlook' type balcony in some web pics I saw, but I'm not sure if that's at this particular location.

Re: pub noise - We don't usually turn in early and also we tend to pack so much into our cruise days that we are asleep before our heads hit the pillow! So we probably won't be bothered by any noise. Thanx for the heads up though. ;)

Given that we want connecting PR cabins, have kids (5 & 12), were able to get rooms in close proximity to 5 other cabins of family members AND the fact that this is an almost sold-out holiday cruise, trying to relocate would be dicey for us. We will stay put, but are interested in learning all about what's above, below and beside our rooms.:)

Archived