What do you want to know about Balmoral?

What kind of problems did you have? :(

Charlotte

(first timer -- not yet gone...)

If You go into the FORUM and REVIEWS on this site for back in 2008.

You will find my long Reports on there Re: Fred. Olsen's `Balmoral'

Which Unfortunately was not a Good Three weeks experience during its Inagural Cruise Season, when we did the Caribbean & Central America Cruise to & from MIAMI.

We in future will stick with P&O /Princess- Carnival- NCL- Royal Caribbean- or any of the good quality Operators, which sadly Fred. Olsen are Not! and this Ship is OLD, Poorly Renovated & EXtended thus Overcrowded!

Kind regards

ELSID

If You go into the FORUM and REVIEWS on this site for back in 2008.

You will find my long Reports on there Re: Fred. Olsen's `Balmoral'

Which Unfortunately was not a Good Three weeks experience during its Inagural Cruise Season, when we did the Caribbean & Central America Cruise to & from MIAMI.

We in future will stick with P&O /Princess- Carnival- NCL- Royal Caribbean- or any of the good quality Operators, which sadly Fred. Olsen are Not! and this Ship is OLD, Poorly Renovated & EXtended thus Overcrowded!

Kind regards

ELSID

Hallo My experience I suspect was along the lines that ElSid writes about so I tend to agree with him, I was awfully disappointed too. For the high price I paid I expected so much more than I got. My complaints, taken up with the TA, are not yet resolved and, along with others, I am having to take these matters futher.

This was my first cruise too and, before I booked, I saw and believed the majority of comments that gave glowing reviews. Unfortunately the reality did not meet my standards nor did it meet the company's advertisments that litter the web (accommodation particularly) in my view.

Putting to one side the infections that many of us suffered from and speaking purely about the physical state of the vessel, some of that it is down to personal taste and what the individual is used to. Other issues are more serious.

You might find it all perfectly acceptable as so many fora posters seem to do and I really hope you do. I do so wish that I had. Best to read a selection of reviews and make your own mind up!

Archived