Refund After Booking Cancelation

gargoyle999

I had booked a sort of back to back for Feb 2010. 1st was a 7 day out of Galveston and the 2nd was an 8 day on the Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale.

After reading the threads on this board about the cost and logistics of getting from Houston to the Port of Galveston, I decided to cancel the cruise from Galveston and add another 8 day on the Miracle so now will be back to back on the same ship.

I'm assuming Carnival will automatically refund my deposit from the canceled cruise to the credit card I used? How long does it usually take to get the refund from a canceled booking?

I would have assumed they would just change the ship and date and leave the money as the deposit on the changed sailing. They didn't do it that way?

I like to just make my own plans online. So I thought about calling and see if they would do that, but decided to just cancel the one booking and make the new one from the Carnival website. Since I'm not dealing with a person directly thought I'd ask for some timeframes others have experienced. Many companies are fast to take but slow to give back! :)

Archived