When in New York...

sdf89

Just finished a wonderful 7 day New England/Canada cruise. Guess what was the overall highlight of the trip for my DW? Not the ship, not old Montreal or old Quebec, not the incredible scenery of Nova Scotia or Bar Harbor...

But seeing Beauty and the Beast on Broadway the night before embarking!!

So, if you are starting or ending in New York, try to see a show there and walk around Times Square at night. If you are a G or PG family, do "The Lion King" (we loved B & Beast... but many have told us the LK is better), if you are a PG-13 family, consider doing "42nd Street".

I'd recommend seeing Wicked as well. It's the backstory for the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz.

Very popular right now and tickets may be hard to to come by, but definitely worth it!

Everytime I go to NY (usually about 2 times a year), I see the Phantom of the Opera and am a little dissapointed that we won't have the time to see it before our cruise next month. I second this advice - its a great way to start of any cruise that leaves from NY.

Maybe people traveling with kids should keep away from the Phantom, though :)

I am very fortunate and travel to NYC about 4 times/year just for a few nights of excellent theater. :) Definately take the time. Look for discounts at http://www.playbill.com http://www.broadwaybox.com or be flexible at the TKTS booth. I go there about 1/2 hour before show time and have gotten some great house seat releases.

Archived