Rooms below the Observation Lounge on NCL Sun

Antioch Cruiser

We booked a balcony stateroom right below the Observation room. It said at night the Observation room turns into a Disco. Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms and how was the noise. I wouldn't think it would be bad because we have an Owners suite next to us. The rooms are on the 11 deck in front of the ship. Thanks in advance.

CopyofFrontofSun.jpg?t=1203389194

We just got off the Sun. We had the aft penthouse suite right above the Stardust Lounge (where they do the musical/dancing shows). We heard the music nightly. It was more of the bass that we heard (like the subwoofers). The last show was at 9:30, so we didn't hear any noise after 11:00PM. Our friends had the cabin two doors down, and they said they heard noises in the afternoon as well while the rehearsals were going on, but we were off on excursions or out and about then. It really wasn't the problem that I thought it might be. It didn't keep us from getting any sleep. Although I can't say what issues you will have since you are below the Observation Lounge which could stay open later in the evening.

We just got off the Sun. We had the aft penthouse suite right above the Stardust Lounge (where they do the musical/dancing shows). We heard the music nightly. It was more of the bass that we heard (like the subwoofers). The last show was at 9:30, so we didn't hear any noise after 11:00PM. Our friends had the cabin two doors down, and they said they heard noises in the afternoon as well while the rehearsals were going on, but we were off on excursions or out and about then. It really wasn't the problem that I thought it might be. It didn't keep us from getting any sleep. Although I can't say what issues you will have since you are below the Observation Lounge which could stay open later in the evening.

Thanks scubagirl08.

I think we will bring ear plugs just in case. Was the noise enough to keep you awake? I know how loud they have the shows.

I don't want to give up our room. I have never had a stateroom on the front of the ship. I am very excited about it.

So how did you like the Sun?

Grrrr this website drives me crazy (keeps timing out)! Ok,w e were on the Sun in the Owner's suite over the holidays. Don't recall any noise at all in the cabin, but we were in bed pretty late. There was occasional loud talking out on the observation deck that we heard on our balcony, but that was mostly when sailing into/out of ports. Have fun!!

Robin

Grrrr this website drives me crazy (keeps timing out)! Ok,w e were on the Sun in the Owner's suite over the holidays. Don't recall any noise at all in the cabin, but we were in bed pretty late. There was occasional loud talking out on the observation deck that we heard on our balcony, but that was mostly when sailing into/out of ports. Have fun!!

Robin

Thanks fishbait17,

On NCL website they say that the they turn the Observation lounge into a disco. You know those go late. The owners suite looks great. I wish we can afford to book one. After our Europe cruise we were lucky to do this one.:D This site drives me crazy too, but love to be on it.

So you guys didn't hear the Disco at all? I was assuming they would sound proof the rooms below because of the Owners Suites.

Observation Lounge

Located on Deck 12;

accommodates 342.

Sit back and take in the beautiful colors of the sea and sky as the sun sinks into the ocean with a full bar as a backdrop. By night it becomes a disco. By day a conference room with amazing views.

Archived