2009 Brides!

mara93

Hello!

FH and I decided, today, to elope while on our (first together) NCL cruise in March 2009. I've sent an email to the cruise line and now I just wait.

Is anyone else doing an NCL cruise in March (we'll be on the Jewel from March 01 - 06)?

Congratulations to all the '09ers!

We will be sailing on the Golden Princess to Hawaii, 2/4/09. We plan to have the wedding at sea, on Saturday, 2/7/09. Our best friends are going, but few, if any, family members will be able to join us on the cruise. So we really hope the wedding cam will be working (it relies on a satellite linkup, so they can't guarantee it), so people can see us. We will have a reception back home in May.

sdemmi, Clarence proposed to me on the Grandeur this February, at dinner, on formal night. The Grandeur is a beautiful ship, all the staff and crew are wonderful!

Hello Brides

I'm the MOG. We all can't wait. There will be about of 50 of us going. What are the Mom's wearing? My future daughter in law has left it up to me, so I'm looking for some input.

Thanks,

Kathye

Not much actually solidified yet as we haven't booked the actual cruise we want (still trying to work out vacation schedules at work and family availability to travel) but we know we're going to go with Royal Caribbean in March or April '09.

I picked out my dress already and ordered it, booked my florist, and have a very good idea where I'm going to buy my bridal jewelry from. Other than that, I have a LOT of planning to do, but my friend married on a Carnival ship in December helping me. I figure she's done a lot of the research already so I can benefit from her knowledge, past experience, and recommendations. For example, I really liked her silk flowers and she raves about the florist she had so I reserved the same one. I reserved early because apparently that florist books up fast. It has worked out well so far as I have plenty of time to discuss ideas with my designer, and choosing the same florist as my friend saved me a lot of time and effort research options. Luckily, I found and fell in love with my dress right away so that was quick and easy. If everything else falls into place this easily with the planning, I'll be very lucky.

H2O4d, I am the MOB, it depends on how formal they are going. My dd's groom is wearing a white linen pant and suit jacket with a coral colored shirt, his best man(and only attendant) is wearing the coral shirt and white linen pant, no jacket. They'll either be in leather sandals or barefoot! DOB will probaby be in khaki linen pants.

Girls are in maybe a tea length or knee length aruba color with coral sash.

I will probably wear a simple either tropical print dress or solid color but not anything really formal. We're doing a beach wedding so it's a lil more casual. We have the bride's dress, the bridal shop called this week, it's in, just have to go pick it up.

Haven't booked anything firmly yet, but have in mind what she wants. FOund bubbles on clearance for 2.97 for a case of 24! YES I bought all they had, LOL. I figure, even if the bubbles dry up in a year, we can wash the bottles and refill them for a couple bucks! I am making the bouquets with tropical silks. Got the throw bouquet for $6 on clearance! The sky is the limit for our little girl but our sky has a budget, LOL. And more importantly, she prefers Mommy's creativity over others, lol :rolleyes:

I've yet to convince her that I don't do wedding cakes!

My FH and I have decided to have our ceremony at the Grand Old House on the Cayman Islands on 03/03/09!

We're eloping so there really isn't much to plan, which I am relieved of.

So, the 'hunt' for a beach wedding dress begins!

Hey 09 Brides!!

haven't been on the site for a while....you know how busy things can get.

We've been finalizing plans to book our May 09 Alaska cruise and hit a bump in the road. I just posted the full story as a separate thread. In a nutshell, my travel agent told me today captains can only marry on the ship in international waters. Because we're not leaving America, we'll have to find a justice of the peace. ACK!!!

That was supposed to be the whole beauty of a wedding on the ship. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with these things. I just want to keep it simple. It's only me and FH cruising. Where am I going to find a justice of the peace?!?!? What if something causes us to miss the port where we've arranged to meet the justice of the peace? What if, what if, what if??? I know, I'm going to drive myself crazy. ;)

I just thought a cruise wedding was going to be a lot simpler than it's turning out to be. :eek:

Hey 09 Brides!!

haven't been on the site for a while....you know how busy things can get.

We've been finalizing plans to book our May 09 Alaska cruise and hit a bump in the road. I just posted the full story as a separate thread. In a nutshell, my travel agent told me today captains can only marry on the ship in international waters. Because we're not leaving America, we'll have to find a justice of the peace. ACK!!!

That was supposed to be the whole beauty of a wedding on the ship. I thought I wouldn't have to deal with these things. I just want to keep it simple. It's only me and FH cruising. Where am I going to find a justice of the peace?!?!? What if something causes us to miss the port where we've arranged to meet the justice of the peace? What if, what if, what if??? I know, I'm going to drive myself crazy. ;)

I just thought a cruise wedding was going to be a lot simpler than it's turning out to be. :eek:

Sorry to hear that! What cruise company are you cruising with? We're going to be with NCL and we were told that the captain doesn't perform ceremonies at all, hence the reason for the ceremony on the Cayman Islands.

Have you thought about having a civil ceremony before going on the ship and have the captain perform a 'vowel renewal', essentially, anyway?

What cruise company are you cruising with?

We're going with Princess because they claim to be the only cruise line that lets you get married at sea by the captain. that's the whole reason we picked that cruiseline. :(

Have you thought about having a civil ceremony before going on the ship and have the captain perform a 'vowel renewal', essentially, anyway?

Funny you should mention that, because it did cross my mind if things just got too complicated with the original plan.

I have hope, though. On the other thread I posted asking for help, an Alaska bride on a Princess ship said she IS getting married at sea and she is taking the SAME itinerary as we are. I think this might be an example of the horror stories you read about here regarding TWE. I'm starting to wonder if my Travel Agent ended up talking to a TWE rep that didn't know what she was talking about.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to work out.

Thanks for writing!!! :)

Funny you should mention that, because it did cross my mind if things just got too complicated with the original plan.

I have hope, though. On the other thread I posted asking for help, an Alaska bride on a Princess ship said she IS getting married at sea and she is taking the SAME itinerary as we are. I think this might be an example of the horror stories you read about here regarding TWE. I'm starting to wonder if my Travel Agent ended up talking to a TWE rep that didn't know what she was talking about.

I'm crossing my fingers that this is going to work out.

Thanks for writing!!! :)

Good luck!

I had issues with TWE (couldn't give me a correct, straight, answer) and decided to do my own research for a ceremony site.

We have finally booked our cruise and wedding. We are getting married in Jamaica on June 23, 2009 during our cruise on the Destiny. We'll be staying on the Destiny for a second cruise as our honeymoon. Only 400+ days to go! Woo hoo! Happy planning everyone!

Yes, definitely! my personal email is esbie11@yahoo dot com

May be easier to communicate that way so we can spare these other brides the details!;)

Also, I am on The Knot's Destination Wedding board all of the time. You should definitely check it out over there. The girls are so nice and supportive and you can get some amazing ideas from them (although I am warning you it is VERY addictive!) Shoot me an email with your date and the details when you know them. Yea I have a Perfect Weddings buddy:D

First, congrats to all the 2009 brides. We do not have a date for our wedding yet but it'll be in the May or June timeframe. We have decided to have a beach wedding in St. Thomas but still debating whether we should use the cruise ship's WC or hire an independent WC in St. Thomas.

esbie11 -- how is your planning thus far? It sounds like you've been a great inspiration on this board!

First, congrats to all the 2009 brides. We do not have a date for our wedding yet but it'll be in the May or June timeframe. We have decided to have a beach wedding in St. Thomas but still debating whether we should use the cruise ship's WC or hire an independent WC in St. Thomas.

esbie11 -- how is your planning thus far? It sounds like you've been a great inspiration on this board!

Aw thanks, although some would disagree I am sure (some people get very offended when those of us with bad experiences with TWE share them with others). My planning has been great. I have already been planning for a year and still have 11 months to go (long engagement ugh). I would highly recommend using a private WC, especially in St. Thomas since there are so many good ones there. There is really no advantage to using TWE, and, as you may have already read, there are a lot of people who have had MAJOR problems with them. I must admit that I haven't been happy with my travel agent, but she is local and has nothing really to do with the wedding aspect of things. Just counting down these LONG days! I'd be happy to help you with anything else you need, or answer any questions. There are a few other St. Thomas brides on here who can help as well. They are really the pros since they have been there and done that already:D

I'm sure I will have lots of questions once we have a date set. Are you hiring your own photographer?

My photographer is part of my "package" through my WC. I hate to even refer to it as a "package" because you can customize everything to get what you want. From what I know, there are a few photographers that my WC regularly works with. I chose which specific one I wanted. They are blue glass photography (http://www.blueglassphotography.com/)

Our friend is actually a professional photog in LA, but we don't want to ask him to bring all of his equipment on the cruise with him, so we decided to just pay for one. As far as flowers go, they are also included in my package, however I am considering getting artifical ones from Angel's Accents instead and shipping them down to my WC ahead of time. That way, I can actually see what I am getting ahead of time, and since they will be artificial it will be easier to transport them back home on the cruise. (I used to think artifical flowers were tacky, but Angel's Accents are absolutely stunning! And they can last forever!) You can email me personally as well at esbie11 at yahoo.com Unlike many other cruisebrides (whom I admire), I am fighting to stay as much of an obssessive planner as I am in normal life--which is a battle when planning a cruise wedding!:D

My photographer is part of my "package" through my WC. I hate to even refer to it as a "package" because you can customize everything to get what you want. From what I know, there are a few photographers that my WC regularly works with. I chose which specific one I wanted. They are blue glass photography (http://www.blueglassphotography.com/)

Our friend is actually a professional photog in LA, but we don't want to ask him to bring all of his equipment on the cruise with him, so we decided to just pay for one. As far as flowers go, they are also included in my package, however I am considering getting artifical ones from Angel's Accents instead and shipping them down to my WC ahead of time. That way, I can actually see what I am getting ahead of time, and since they will be artificial it will be easier to transport them back home on the cruise. (I used to think artifical flowers were tacky, but Angel's Accents are absolutely stunning! And they can last forever!) You can email me personally as well at esbie11 at yahoo.com Unlike many other cruisebrides (whom I admire), I am fighting to stay as much of an obssessive planner as I am in normal life--which is a battle when planning a cruise wedding!:D

Hi Esbie, I will be emailing you from my gmail account; hope it won't go to your spam inbox. :D

We are booked for our wedding cruise on the Explorer of the Seas sailing July 4, 2009! Now, the planning of the details can begin. We plan on marrying in Bermuda and using an island even coordinator. (Too many unhappy brides who used RC.) I am even more addicted to these message boards now...if that's possible! Thanks for all the tips and advice.

Archived