Swimming with Dolphins

marthas harbour

As there are no replies does this mean that it is not possible?

Hi,

I did it in Tortola and enjoyed it. It is well organised and only about a dozen swim with one dolphin, although there are about 6 dolphins. The only problem in another group was that they were told the dolphin was playful and not to kick their feet to much. This they did not do and the dolphin nipped their feet. Got lots of free photos etc though in compensation.

To my knowledge there weren't many dolphin opportunities on the Southern Carib. Itineraries. More of the dolphin excursions were in the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Jamaica).

When I was looking for excursions for the Southern Caribbean Explorer (San Juan, St Thomas, St Kitts, Bonaire, Grenada, Aruba) I don't remember a dolphin one listed.

Does anyone have any experience with Dolphin Quest in Bermuda?

My first dolphin encounter was with Dolphin Quest in Bermuda several years ago. We only sat in the water with the dolphins - there was none of them pulling us around in the water or them pushing us off on our feet.

It was okay, but once we did a dolphin swim in Nassau, I felt I wasted my money doing it in Bermuda.

I just looked at their offerings and it hasn't changed from when we were there. I wouldn't waste my money - it is less expensive elsewhere and a much better and more interactive program in Nassau and Cozumel.

Archived