Booking More Than 1 Guarantee

tripdaddy0801

I have a question about booking more than one guarantee stateroom. If you book 2 or 3 guarantees of the same catagory, would they try to put the staterooms next or close to each other? We will probably be booking 2 cabins. One cabin with me and my wife and our 6 year old triplets, and another with our mixxed older children who range in the age of 16-19. Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks.

Our experience is if you want to be next to each other you need to book actual rooms. If you book guarantee's then each could end up anywhere. We have booked 2 cabins 5 times and have always directly booked rooms, mostly with an adjoining door.

Our experience is if you want to be next to each other you need to book actual rooms. If you book guarantee's then each could end up anywhere. We have booked 2 cabins 5 times and have always directly booked rooms, mostly with an adjoining door.

We have always booked our rooms directly before. We were just unsure if anybody had ever booked 2 guarantees before and were fortunate enough to be side by side or close by.

I have a question about booking more than one guarantee stateroom. If you book 2 or 3 guarantees of the same catagory, would they try to put the staterooms next or close to each other? We will probably be booking 2 cabins. One cabin with me and my wife and our 6 year old triplets, and another with our mixxed older children who range in the age of 16-19. Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks.

If I am understanding correctly, your triplets (3 passengers) and you and your wife (2 passengers), meaning 5 guests. If that is correct, you will have to be on a ship that will accommodate 5 passengers in a stateroom. Then you have the issue of the other children being under 21 years of age and that presents a potential problem IF booking a guarantee. Anyone under 21 years of age will require a passenger of 25 years or older in that stateroom. There are ways around that by means of placing either you or your wife in the stateroom with children under the age of 21 and then playing musical staterooms when boarded.

Regarding your question of booking 2 guarantee staterooms and will they be near eachother? That is a crap shoot, but at minimum, make certain you have the booking #'s linked together (which you would be doing for dining preferences anyway) and possibly they will be near or next to eachother, but without any guarantees.

Make sure whomever you end up booking this cruise with is aware of all passengers ages.

We have booked guarantee with other friends on several occassions and we always end up right by them. In fact on our upcomming cruise, 3 cabins were selected and we booked a guarantee and ended up just down the hall from them. We just can't shake these people. :D

Diane

Like other posters have said, you will have to book actual rooms in order to guarantee that your rooms are next to each other. Additionally, with your situation, there are only two adults who are over 25 and everyone else is under 21, it means that you can only book two rooms (one adult per room). If you want three, I guess you have to invite another person over 25. As far as I know from past experience, they are strict on this rule.

Since you are booking the older kids in a cabin alone, it can not be a guarantee.

When you book the guarantees, there is no guarantee that they will be close or even on the same deck. Yes, they will try but in your case you should not even hope for it. Since you have minor children.

I can tell you that Carnival will let you book the OLDER kids in a cabin connecting, across the hall, or next door. This is not allowed with younger children and means there can be no space between you and the kid's cabins (menaing there CAN NOT be a cabin between you)

Not sure what ship you are sailing, but I just noticed you will have 5 in one cabin. This might cause a problem in your case. (trying to get a cabin for 5 and cabin for __ right next to eachother) All depends on the ship.

Good luck! Hope it works out.:)

Just a note for anyone else who is trying to do this:

If you do book 2 guarantees, one with your wife and a few kids

one with your husband and a few kids,

then you get on the ship and they are not across the hall or side by side, one adult will be required to stay in each cabin with the kids. Carnival is strict on this as they should be for safty reasons.

Unless you are ready and willing to be on separate decks and/or on opposite sides of the ship - I would strongly discourage you from booking guarantees.

While Carnival will often attempt to put cross-referenced cabins together, it doesnt always work out.

As someone else pointed out, there are also age restrictions which would prevent you from booking the way you wish too unless you choose cabins side by side.

Are you sailing in summer or over holidays? This will also factor in as Carnival will often have occupancy restrictions, meaning they will put the maximum number of bodies possible into a given cabin.

Always better safe than sorry, imho. Just book the rooms you want. Reduce your stress, and know exactly where you are on the ship :)

After all - It's supposed to be a vacation!

Thanks for all the replies. The cruise we are looking at sails January 2009 aboard the Fascination. They do have cabins that hold 5 people. We will probably book a few weeks after we return from our Liberty cruise. We were able to book 3 cabins aboard NCL last year with only 2 adults. Hopefully, we will be able to do the same if needed.

Thanks for the replies. We are thinking of booking aboard the Fascination January of 2009. They do have cabins that hold 5 people. Last year we were able to book 3 rooms with NCL with only the 2 adults. We may be bringing one more person with us who will be 20 at the time. If we do bring the other person, we will try to book 3 cabins. Hopefully, it will work out in the end. We will end up booking a couple of weeks after our Liberty cruise.

Thanks for the replies. We are thinking of booking aboard the Fascination January of 2009. They do have cabins that hold 5 people. Last year we were able to book 3 rooms with NCL with only the 2 adults. We may be bringing one more person with us who will be 20 at the time. If we do bring the other person, we will try to book 3 cabins. Hopefully, it will work out in the end. We will end up booking a couple of weeks after our Liberty cruise.

You still wouldnt be able to book the 20 year old with the younger children, you will have to book one adult in each cabin as they said above and take your chances. Linking only links the dining, not the cabins.

Once you are on the ship, your wife can switch cabins and get an extra key for the other cabin.

Archived