Lee & Mike's Cruise Notebook

ottawapuppy

I just noticed this section of the boards after a couple of years of visiting.

We have a cruising-related web site which includes photos, journals, reviews, podcasts, Cruise Compasses (from RCI), tips and links to favourite cruising web sites.

Visit the site at: http://web.mac.com/thecruiseguys

Comments welcome!!

Hello guys and thank you for the ecxellent travel log!

We are taking the Celebrity Summit for a Mediterranean cruise in July that has many of the ports you took and it has provided us with lots of tips and ideas!

Thanks again,

Peter and Ron

Hi,

I subscribed to your podcasts through iTunes BEFORE I knew that you were a regular on these boards. I love listening to you and watching the slideshow while I listen -- it makes my commute a pleasure. And your descriptions and delivery are fantastic. Thanks so much!

--Diane

• 3 weeks later...

The Mariner of the Seas is the only ship we have in common, but I enjoyed seeing the pictures to remind me of the great time we had. Looks like you two had a great time too. We had a hump junior suite on that cruise and really enjoyed it.

Now that we're living close to Port Canaveral, Bob and I are looking forward to another cruise on her.

Dear Mike,

Congratulations to you and Lee for informed, detailed, and thoughtful podcasts, photos, and suggestions on your Cruise Guys website. The listener gets a terrific sense of your love of travel, great humour, and appreciation of the whole cruise experience. The website looks very professional, too! I look forward to listening to more of your adventures.

Best wishes,

Meredit from Toronto

p.s. Last year, I believe, you or Lee emailed me some really helpful hints on how to get cruise deals for solo travellers. I've been a Cruise Guys fan ever since!

Hi!

I just wanted to say I love your website!

I feel inspired to someday have mine as wonderful as yours!!!

You did a fabulous job!

Perhaps, I need to buy a Mac!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

Hi Karen

I took a look at your pictures. When did you go to Bora Bora and Moorea? On which ship? That itinerary is high on my wish list, I'd love to hear your thoughts on cruising in the South Pacific. It looks fantstic!

Mike

I just noticed this section of the boards after a couple of years of visiting.

We have a cruising-related web site which includes photos, journals, reviews, podcasts, Cruise Compasses (from RCI), tips and links to favourite cruising web sites.

Visit the site at: http://web.mac.com/thecruiseguys

Comments welcome!!

Hey there! Have you seen the Canada Eh? thread in the Floataway Lounge? You're welcome any time!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cruise Guys -

We are planning our first cruise as well so the "tips" section" provides a wealth of great tidbits to help out.

I notice you have never sailed on Princess - any particular reason (as that is what I have booked)...

Hi!

I just saw your post ~ I was onboard the Mercury doing a PNW cruise when you posted it and have just been catching up this week!

I absolutely loved the South Pacific it has to be one of my favorite itineraries..I sailed with my mom

and if I wasn't married I'm not sure if I would've returned home!

We sailed on the Princess Cruise Lines Pacific Princess the pictures of the ship are on the website

and did a B2B from HNL -PPT -HNL 24 days so that spared us that nightmare flight!

I had ALWAYS wanted to go to Tahiti since I was little and then

I read the book Blue Latitudes which had me a little nervous...

but it was nothing like the book..

The beauty was breathtaking...

The seas were very smooth and the colors can't be articulated!

When you go, you MUST have a balcony!!

Don't wait too long though, the Tahitian Princess (same size as the Pacific)

will be gone after next year and then you just have the Paul Gaugin!

If you have any other questions, just let me know!

Bon Voyage!

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

and go into Karen's Cruise Corner!

ps...I'm always open to creative/constructive input for my site..

so if anything crosses your mind, feel free to send me an email! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I notice you have never sailed on Princess - any particular reason (as that is what I have booked)...

Lack of time...lack of money...you know the usual things!

I would sail on Princess if the opportunity arose.

Mike

Hi Mike,

We are sailing on the Solstice shortly after you both go on your trip. Hopefully you'll be able to add to your website your comments/photos prior to our sailing on Mar 1st. I'd love to see what we will be in for. :)

Tina

Hi Mike,

We are sailing on the Solstice shortly after you both go on your trip. Hopefully you'll be able to add to your website your comments/photos prior to our sailing on Mar 1st. I'd love to see what we will be in for. :)

Tina

We're going on Solstice during the first week of February, so I would think that we would have photos and summaries up by the point you head out. Gotta do it while it is still fresh in our minds!

I am so anxious to see this new ship, the renderings are fantastic!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Mike-Lee

Thank you very much for all your efforts in the blog. We are going on the Freedom in February with a whole group of family and extended family. As of this time we are going to celebrate at least three different birthdays (16,24 and 60).

I value all your opinions and insights.

Thanks again, hope to run into you in the ocean (on a ship of course)

Ken

Mike-Lee

Thank you very much for all your efforts in the blog. We are going on the Freedom in February with a whole group of family and extended family.

Thanks again, hope to run into you in the ocean (on a ship of course)

Ken

We'll be on Solstice that week. It is doing Eastern Caribbean, you are doing Western Caribbean on Freedom. If we do run into each other, someone is going the wrong way! (hee-hee)

Have fun, Freedom is a great ship!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Apple has transitioned their web hosting service from a .mac name to a new .me name. It was supposed to be seamless, but we have uncovered some issues with the old .mac name.

Please access our site using the following address:

http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys

The old name will still mostly work, but there are a few features that a broken if you access the site using the .mac name.

Thanks to everyone who sent us nice comments. We appreciate it!

Mike & Lee

Archived