Lee & Mike's Cruise Notebook

ottawapuppy

• 2 months later...

Just "found" you. Thanks for all the information provided on your traveling reports. Can't wait to go back and take it ALL in. Great help in picking out future cruises. That 2013 sounds FANTASTIC.....might join you. If not, what is the room you booked (you seemed really interested in getting THAT ONE. Thanks.

We are thinking of taking a cruise on Radiance to Alaska. Would you refresh my memory about the Brilliance cabin number that you started in, with the larger size. Also, we are considering Holland America to Alaska. Would you go with them or RC? Thanks!

Rick and Cathie

We are thinking of taking a cruise on Radiance to Alaska. Would you refresh my memory about the Brilliance cabin number that you started in, with the larger size. Also, we are considering Holland America to Alaska. Would you go with them or RC? Thanks!

Rick and Cathie

It was 9092.

Depends on what is important to you. We found HAL had great food and maybe better cabins than RCL but ship life was dull and the crowd was very old, which meant the activities were not in general directed at our age bracket (mid-forties). Add to that that Alaska draws an older crowd already, if that is important to you. RCL easily won on ship design and entertainment. HAL would need to be significantly cheaper for us to pass up a Radiance class.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Lee & Mike,

I just found your podcasts last week, and thought they were really interesting since we traveled on the Equinox recently... I shared the information with some friends who will be traveling on the Celebrity Solstice in September...

However, when trying to access your podcasts today, iTunes says "Not Found" when downloading or subscribing. Also, the link which I got from the "Share" button in the iPad Podcast app (http://www.cruisenotebook.com/Notebook/Podcasts/rss.xml)

returns a page titled "Not Found" and the message on the page says "MobileMe is closed". Major bummer:confused:

Is there an alternate location to download from?

Thanks for any help and sorry to be the bearer of unpleasant news!

-jeff

Hi Lee & Mike,

I just found your podcasts last week, and thought they were really interesting since we traveled on the Equinox recently... I shared the information with some friends who will be traveling on the Celebrity Solstice in September...

However, when trying to access your podcasts today, iTunes says "Not Found" when downloading or subscribing. Also, the link which I got from the "Share" button in the iPad Podcast app (http://www.cruisenotebook.com/Notebook/Podcasts/rss.xml)

returns a page titled "Not Found" and the message on the page says "MobileMe is closed". Major bummer:confused:

Is there an alternate location to download from?

Thanks for any help and sorry to be the bearer of unpleasant news!

-jeff

Sadly, Mobile Me no longer hosts web pages so our web page went poof. Fear not, we still have all the files and will find some other place to host it. In the meantime, if you go to itunes and search for cruise notebook, most of the podcasts are there, although not all of them, oddly.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly, Mobile Me no longer hosts web pages so our web page went poof. Fear not, we still have all the files and will find some other place to host it. In the meantime, if you go to itunes and search for cruise notebook, most of the podcasts are there, although not all of them, oddly.

Sorry to hear about the site. Did you post a review of Freedom on Cruise Critic? I went to your site looking for that. I look forward to seeing the site back online soon.

Lee and Mike, let us know when you find a new host. You are missed.

Wow, thanks for saying that!

It is very disappointing that Apple is no longer hosting MobileMe (and our site) but I have done some research on a new hosting service and I will try to get things back up and running shortly.

See everyone back online soon.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived