Lee & Mike's Cruise Notebook

ottawapuppy

Where did my morning go?? Oh, wait, I spent it reading this fabulous site. Truly felt as if I was there with you guys on your trips!!! I've got it bookmarked, and thanks for sharing your obsession with the world!!:)

PS- you guys look truly happy together!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We have updated our web site with a bunch information from our recent cruise on Celebrity Solstice, including pictures, my journals, reviews, the Celebrity Today newsletters, bar menus, laundry price lists and more.

It can be viewed at http://web.me.com/thecruiseguys, click on the Celebrity Solstice link on the right hand side.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We're just back from a long weekend cruise on Majesty of the Seas. We have updated our web site with details including scans of the Cruise Compass newsletters, photos and my journal from the sailing.

The link is in the signature below. Click the Majesty of the Seas 2009 link on the right hand side of the page.

Off on Sapphire Princess this weekend. YAY!

Mike

Congratulations to you and Lee for informed, detailed, and thoughtful podcasts, photos, and suggestions on your Cruise Guys website. The listener gets a terrific sense of your love of travel, great humour, and appreciation of the whole cruise experience. The website looks very professional, too! I look forward to listening to more of your adventures.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your great series of podcasts on the RC ships. My wife and I will be cruising on Brilliance in September 2010 and we greatly appreciated your valuable insights. By the way we have booked Sylvie as our guide in Villefranche.

It seems as if the podcasts have been few of late. (Most that we have heard were of ships that set sail in 2007 and 2008). Please keep this tradition going. By the way, I suppose you used Mac software to create the podcasts. They were very professionally made.

Thanks, and happy cruising in 2010!

Thanks for your great series of podcasts on the RC ships. My wife and I will be cruising on Brilliance in September 2010 and we greatly appreciated your valuable insights. By the way we have booked Sylvie as our guide in Villefranche.

Good for you! She is a great guide, we saw so much in the short time we were in Villefranche. We told her we wanted to go somewhere nice for lunch, she took us up to Le Nid D'Aigle or something like that in Eze. We had a great view and could see the ship anchored in the port. It was very cool!

It seems as if the podcasts have been few of late. (Most that we have heard were of ships that set sail in 2007 and 2008). Please keep this tradition going. By the way, I suppose you used Mac software to create the podcasts. They were very professionally made.

I know...just can't seem to find enough hours in the day!...

The whole shebang in done on my Mac, the podcast were recorded and edited in Garage Band. Lots of fun to use.

We plan to record a few episodes about our cruise on Sapphire Princess...maybe next weekend...!(hee-hee)

Mike

Hi Lee and Mike!

How can I find out when you finish your Princess review? Mention of Villefrance and Eze brings back great memories! Also can't wait to see your review of the TA Equinox--planning on Europe 2011 on the Equinox

Nancy

How can I find out when you finish your Princess review? Mention of Villefrance and Eze brings back great memories! Also can't wait to see your review of the TA Equinox--planning on Europe 2011 on the Equinox

Hey Nancy!!

Nice hearing from you.

We had to cancel the Equinox TA, it was getting too pricey. We did the Princess cruise instead. Going to do the Jewel of the Seas TA next May. It was a good thing we cancelled Equinox before we went on Sosltice. I don't think I would have been able to cancel Equinox, they are such fantastic ships.

Check our site again in a week or so, hopefully my Sapphire journal will be posted by then.

Mike

p.s. we had brunch with Marsha and Ira when we were in LA to get on Sapphire. We had some great laughs!

We will watch for those podcasts on the Princess. We are still exploring Royal Caribbean and will probably stick with them until we find out what the Diamond level is all about. Also, I will contact Sylvie and let her know that the lunch vista you referred to is just the ticket for us (I recall you saying you could see the whole port with the ship docked in the distance).

Thanks also for the information on Garage Band for podcasting!

We will watch for those podcasts on the Princess. We are still exploring Royal Caribbean and will probably stick with them until we find out what the Diamond level is all about. Also, I will contact Sylvie and let her know that the lunch vista you referred to is just the ticket for us (I recall you saying you could see the whole port with the ship docked in the distance).

Thanks also for the information on Garage Band for podcasting!

That lunch place was in Eze. It will help her to recall if you tell her that.

We will be sure and do that-- thanks for the tip.

I also noticed that Sylvie invites discussion on her Skype account. But she is so marvelously detailed in her emails that using Skype may not be necessary.

We just wish we could find someone as perfect as her for Livorno and Rome (Rome especially worries me bacause of the nightmare of negotiating traffic from the port to the city and still getting to Rome with time to see something). We will probably sign up for the private train RC is peddling and hope we don't get shifted to a van.

Rick and Cathie

We had a lousy driver in Livorno so we can't help you. In Rome, as you might know, Mike took the public train and I took a ship's tour by bus (our only day apart during the trip, since I didn't trust the local train). What a mistake on my part. He was in the city in an instant while I sat in traffic for three hours. If your ship train gets canceled, take the locals train.

Yes, we learned about those experiences from your terrrific podcasts about the Brilliance cruise. The key for Livorno may be to try to book a cruise to one or two places only there and try to avoid at all costs the "demonstration/gift shops." :) A successful Rome experience, I think, will just be a matter of luck.

Our cruise will be a bit different because it will go to Ephesus and Athens rather than Croatia and Venice. We've been to Venice but are a bit jealous about missing Croatia. The cruise excursion offerings sound really good to all the places on the cruise. I'm not sure if there is a "trick" to determining which ones are more rewarding than the others-- other than to avoid the ones with gifty/demonstration offerings.

Thanks again for sharing the wisdowm gained from your experieces.

Rick and Cathie

I know...just can't seem to find enough hours in the day!...

The whole shebang in done on my Mac, the podcast were recorded and edited in Garage Band. Lots of fun to use.

We plan to record a few episodes about our cruise on Sapphire Princess...maybe next weekend...!(hee-hee)

Mike

I really enjoy your podcasts. Please do more. Will the new ones be available at I-tunes. I have been downloading them, and listening to them sometimes when I travel. I read on your website you were having trouble with I-tunes and the podcasts. Have you got it resolved?

Thanks so much for the wonderful podcasts!

Archived