Not your typical passport question

Ape Cruizer

Pretty much all of your immigration stuff is handled before you ever board the ship, which is bannered under a different country, so the moment you step onto the ship you're already on foreign soil.

That's pretty much the reason you don't ever end up with a stamp in your passport.

I was just hoping there was a way around that.

Pretty much all of your immigration stuff is handled before you ever board the ship, which is bannered under a different country, so the moment you step onto the ship you're already on foreign soil.

That's pretty much the reason you don't ever end up with a stamp in your passport.

I was just hoping there was a way around that.

I got mine stamped in Halifax, Canada. The lighthouse at Peggy's Cove (a small fishing village) doubles as a Post Office. It wasn't free though. I think it cost $5 bucks or so.

Maybe other countries Post Offices do that as well? Of course it might be nothing more than a glorified postal cancellation. But it looks cool regardless.

Does anyone have any advice on how I might go about getting my passport stamped while in Cozumel???

I don't think so. I have even been through the airport many times and have never been stamped. It was stamped at the Roatan airport, but that is the only one I have.

The only place I have ever had mine "officially" stamped was after landing at the airport in Shannon, Ireland, about 10 years ago. Who knows if they even still use a stamp...it said something to the effect that I was allowed to visit for 30 days from whatever date I had landed.

I also got a "novelty" passport stamp from a place in Wales that has the longest town name in the world, supposedly. Lord help me if I even tried to spell it here...haha.

On another semi-related note, I was in Theodore Roosevelt National Park's visitor center in western North Dakota last fall for a camping trip. Near the entrance, there is a little stamp and a sign that says "stamp your passport here". I was all excited (because I don't have any stamps in my current passport!), so I ran out to the car and got my passport, stamped it with a park stamp, and only then did I notice the little "National Park Passport" booklets you can buy that the stamps are intended for. Oops. Oh well. :)

On Legend last summer I asked this at the Purser's desk. They told me to bring the passports down & they would see what they could do.

I did this after Grand Cayman, but we got stamped in

Cozumel and I think Belize(didn't dig them out to check). We missed port in Costa Maya due to weather.

I got mine stamped in Halifax, Canada. The lighthouse at Peggy's Cove (a small fishing village) doubles as a Post Office. It wasn't free though. I think it cost $5 bucks or so.

Maybe other countries Post Offices do that as well? Of course it might be nothing more than a glorified postal cancellation. But it looks cool regardless.

That is too funny.......I live in Halifax. Up until Jan 2008 you didn't even need a passport for Americans to visit. But I do understand. Last year was the first year I ever travelled and I got so excited to get that first stamp in my passport. I decided there are so many more pages to fill. So I booked another trip.

You can go down to Guest Relations and ask them about getting your passport stamped.

I did this on my 10 day Disney. They took my passport, gave me a claims ticket. On the last night I went back to get my passport and I had stamps from all of our ports of call.

Thanks for all your help.

Last summer on the Celebration I went down to the Purser's desk to ask about getting it stamped but they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

I guess I'll just give it another try this year, and be a little more persistent.

Archived