Back to RCCL after 7-year absence...

lysolqn

We've been on more than 40 cruises, four of which have been on RCCL (Monarch, Legend (x2) and Explorer). We haven't been on Royal Caribbean since our Explorer cruise during that ship's inaugural year, but we've just booked Freedom of the Seas for later this year. Since we haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean in about seven years, I'm anxious to catch up and learn all there is to know about the tips, secrets and/or warnings veteran RCCL cruises are willing to share - about RCCL, in general and about FOS, in particular. Thanks!

Welcome back!

Who have you been cruising with?

If you use the search function you will be able to find several threads about Freedom of the Seas. Also, if you go to U Tube and type in ship name, there are several videos of the ship. Have fun!

I am not one of the RCCL Cheerleaders so I will not jump up and down and yell welcome back, but I am happy to see that you have cruised with a variety of lines. I personally think we all need to take an occasional cruise with another line, and do it with our eyes wide open, just to keep our perspective straight.

As you may be aware things will change and in the seven plus years since you last cruised with RCCL there have been many changes. Some great, some good and of course some not so good. There are now lots of new ships for you to sail on and for the most part they are all pretty good. I leave it up to you to decide what is good for you.

Try several and if you enjoy a mega ship then by all means try one or more of the new Freedom Family of ships. The Voyager class alone has added three new ships since your Explorer cruise. In the Radiance class you can try all four new ships that you have not seen. Lots to see and do since your last RCCL Cruise so enjoy.

Archived