S-l-o-w boards or...?

lysolqn

Have gremlins hijacked my computer or has anyone else noticed particularly slow boards recently? Sometimes it's almost impossible to read a thread or post - can't tell you how long it took just to get this post going.

It’s not just you or your computer. The boards have been on and off slow over the past few weeks. Seems to be getting worse the last few days.:(

I have been getting a lot of these errors lately:

Database error

The Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

• Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the boards.cruisecritic.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

The boards.cruisecritic.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

It's likely the board's server. They really need to demand better and more reliable service.

In addition to the above errors, I constantly get a 30 second timeout error from their server as well.

Agreed. It is a major frustration and inconvenience. It has severly limited my ability to assist folks on the boards.

I have been getting a lot of these errors lately:

Database error

The Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:

• Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the boards.cruisecritic.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.

The boards.cruisecritic.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I have been getting this all day too. It is now almost noon and I have trying to sign on ever since 8 this morning! Also, none of the links to other websites from Cruisecritic have worked for me this weekend!

It's gone from SLOW this morning to NO boards all day so far. I was just able to get back on. It looks like they need to add more memory in their server per error below:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 6291456) (tried to allocate 393216 bytes) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards6.cruisecritic.com\includes\class_postbit.php(300) : eval()'d code on line 225

You may need to delete some very old messages from the various boards or do some type of disk clean.

The problem is NOT with our computers. Since Trip Advisor is now involved with Cruise Critic, perhaps it's correct to say they need to find a better server. I feel bad that I have rec this site to friends and family and they can't use it with the efficiency that we used to. I'm afraid a lot of regulars with lots of cruising experience, tips and answers for posters will turn away. I know I'm not bothering as much anymore.

Folks ~ when you experience problems on the boards, so do we. We don't have a magic way to make the boards work for us if they aren't working for you. Additionally, moderators (like Host Walt and myself) are volunteers and are not here 24 hours a day. When board problems happen, if we have anything to relay, we will as soon as we can. Unfortunately, we do not have any details on the recent challenges other than we know the folks in the CC main offices are working diligently to get the problems corrected.

I also encourage you to feel free to contact our community manager with additional questions: community@cruisecritic.com

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Archived