Distance to Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta

IslandBliss

Hi,

I've been to PV a bunch of times. You'll dock at the North end of PV across the street from Walmart and Dreams is on the South end of PV. The commute will depend on whether the driver goes directly thru town via the Malecon (where traffic is very congested)...I would guess the ride takes about 20mins.

When I took a cab the peso was at 7pesos to the dollar, and it was a 90peso ride. The peso is now 10 pesos to the dollar, so the price may be different.

On our cruise to PV, we walked next door to the Krystal Vallarta. It has a gorgeous beach, swim up bar, lovely pools and beach-side massage tents. If you're looking to hang out at a beach all day, I'd recommend Krystal so you can avoid the time in traffic. We didn't have to pay a day pass at Krystal. We just told the guard at the front gate that we had a massage appointment and walked right in and didn't stop till we reached the sand. I imagine they sell day passes, or you can pay as you go...but we just did the massage and left and went shopping.

Take the Bus. It's 50 cents US each person. And a new bus arrives about every 4 or 5 minutes.

The only people taking Taxi's are tourists. And the bus will likely get you to the Malecon faster anyway.

The Bus ride is kind of fun as well... I refer to it as an "E-Ticket" ride... :D

If you take the bus on your return just make sure that you watch for walmart and are on the blue bus. We go on the wrong one and one block from walmart it turned and we had a great tour is some pretty interesting neighborhoods. Then the bus stops and the driver shuts it off. Finally we were able to communicate to him we wanted to get back to walmart. he pointed to another bus parked in front of us and in abut 20 minutes a guy comes out of a hours and we are on our way. It wasn't a neighborhood we wanted to roam in but it was safe in the end. Shameful how the people there had to live compared to what we have here.

WOW - Thanks for the great information! We are considering both the Krystal Resort & Dreams. Krystal because it is close and Dreams because food & drinks are included.

Heard from Dreams and they charge $80 pp for a day pass. After paying transportation and day pass charge I am going to convince the husband to go to Krystal. We would spend a fraction of that amount on food, drink and even throw in some spa treatments and we would have a great time. :)

Thanks everyone!

We went to Dreams (excursion through Princess) this past Oct. It took about 30 minutes to get to the resort. Once you go through town, you have to cross a "mountain"-more large hill to get to it. It's a beautiful resort and the food was pretty good and the pools are very nice. We had a nice shaded seat on the beach and a waiter who was more than willing to bring you anything you wanted to drink. $80pp for a day pass? Wow, we paid less than that for the excursion which included the bus there and back. Of course, we were there in Oct which is not in season so it wasn't crowded and I'm sure cheaper than their in season time.

We went to the Krystal a few years ago from a Princess cruise. You could walk right to it from the ship. We had massages and facials. It was the best massage I ever had. It was 1 1/2 hours for $35 plus tip. That was 3 years ago. The facial was about the same price. We made reservations ahead of time through email. The beach and pool area at the Krystal are wonderful. The guys and teens in our party went on the zip line tour then met us at the Krystal. I got all this info on the boards here and the advice including how to get to the Krystal was right on.

Archived