Missing Cruise Credits

Crusinoars

I cannot tell you how frustrated we are with the C&A as well as RCCL.

My husband and I just reached the Diamond level but our account only credits us with Platimum. In fact, I am showing 6 credits with NO CRUISE HISTORY. My husband is showing 6 credits but his cruise history is listing 7 credits plus a TA is listed with 0 credits. Both of us should have 10 credits. This has been verified with the C&A.

We have had lengthy phone conversations with the C&A (Including a supervisor) as well as lengthy phone conversations with the RCCL sales team including a Supervisor. We have sent emails to the link that is supplied on our account page. We also talked to 3 seperate Loyalty Ambassadors aboard the last three ships we were on.

As I understand it a new computer program was initiated in August of 2007. Evidently the new system cannot recognize an account where anything is different such as name, (using middle initial), address, etc. We moved in August from Missouri to Florida and I was told that was what triggered the errors in our C&A account.

We were told by the C&A supervisor that anyone helping us book a cruise would be able to verify that we were in fact at the Diamond Level. NOT TRUE. We recently tried to book 3 seperate cruises and the sales associate could not verify out status. This is when I called in the supervisor. After wasting nearly an entire day trying to get this resolved (Still not resolved) I gave up and did not book any cruises.

We will not be sailing with RCCL until this matter is resolved.

Definitely a lot of left and right hand not connecting at C&A. You may try emailing a question and see if their email team is more helpful. Ultimately my missing credit was manually added after I asked 2-3 times.

Good luck.

Thank you Rancher Dave. I am glad that you were successful in getting yours corrected. The supervisor at the C&A told me that she could not manually enter our credits. Let me see - Since the last 3 cruises for both my husband and myself are missing that would mean that 6 cruises would have to added and calcuated:eek: . Oh dear me. That would be a lot of work for one day.

I see you are in Houston. My very best friend lives in Houston.

Also, want to give you a heads up. The ice show is not to be missed.

my credits are not showing up right either- shows 6 and i have 13 - i called c and a- they assure me it shows me as diamond in the system they use- and that the credits will eventually be fixed- i was given diamond priveledges on my 11 - 13th cruises so am okay with waiting out the system corrections

I took a 12 night cruise/land tour last May and they only credited me 1 cruise credit(should be 2 credits). I have called or e-mailed C & A 4 times and each time I am told that the new computer program will "eventualy take care of it". It has not been corrected yet. It has been 9 months!!!:mad:

Definitely a lot of left and right hand not connecting at C&A. You may try emailing a question and see if their email team is more helpful. Ultimately my missing credit was manually added after I asked 2-3 times.

Good luck.

I'm glad to know someone has actually had luck getting their account fixed. It gives me a tiny bit of hope.

My experience with e-mailing didn't get anywhere. I actually started with an e-mail explaining that I hadn't been given credit for my last cruise which would make be platinum and my next cruise was coming up in April. The first e-mail response I received said there was a system problem and not to worry, since it didn't affect my tier level it wouldn't matter if it wasn't fixed before my April cruise. They also advised that the next time I book, I should give them my C & A number so I could be properly credited. I wondered if they even read my e-mail. Of course, they had my correct C & A number on the previous reservation. I've had 2 e-mails and 2 phone calls with no progress. I know some people say it doesn't matter what the website shows because the C & A system will be correct. That apparently isn't true as all 4 contacts have advised that my account is wrong everywhere. The rep who handled the 1st phone call actually said they would fix it manually and to give it 72 hours to show up. After it hadn't shown up about 10 days later, I called a 2nd time, got someone different and was told that it was still wrong but it couldn't be fixed. They advised to call back within 30 days of next cruise and they would fax something to the ship so I would have the correct level.

There are a couple of other threads about people who have been upgraded to levels they haven't actually earned so maybe all the missing credits are being randomly applied to other accounts.

My husband and I just reached the Diamond level but our account only credits us with Platimum. In fact' date=' I am showing 6 credits with NO CRUISE HISTORY. My husband is showing 6 credits but his cruise history is listing 7 credits plus a TA is listed with 0 credits. Both of us should have 10 credits. This has been verified with the C&A.

We have had lengthy phone conversations with the C&A (Including a supervisor) as well as lengthy phone conversations with the RCCL sales team including a Supervisor. We have sent emails to the link that is supplied on our account page. We also talked to 3 seperate Loyalty Ambassadors aboard the last three ships we were on.

As I understand it a new computer program was initiated in August of 2007. Evidently the new system cannot recognize an account where anything is different such as name, (using middle initial), address, etc. We moved in August from Missouri to Florida and I was told that was what triggered the errors in our C&A account.

We were told by the C&A supervisor that anyone helping us book a cruise would be able to verify that we were in fact at the Diamond Level. NOT TRUE. We recently tried to book 3 seperate cruises and the sales associate could not verify out status. This is when I called in the supervisor. After wasting nearly an entire day trying to get this resolved (Still not resolved) I gave up and did not book any cruises.

We will not be sailing with RCCL until this matter is resolved.[/quote']

This happened to me around June last year but C & A had the right amount showing in their system even though the website did not when I called so I just booked direct with C & A and they applied Diamond discount right away and we received diamond benefits on our other cruises. The computer did not show the correct amount of cruise credits until about Nov but the account has been working since for us and it has our DEc. credits correct. Some people show it correct and others are still having problems with website accounts. You shouldn't have any problem booking a cruise by calling the C & A number not the RCCL number. :)

For all of you that are also awaiting credit corrections, one thng I failed to mention was, that when I spoke with the C&A supervisor in Jan 2008, she told me that she had 4 pages of names that had to corrected. She had no idea as to when she would be able to enter the corrections. Hopefully your names are the 4 page list.

This happened to me around June last year but C & A had the right amount showing in their system even though the website did not when I called so I just booked direct with C & A and they applied Diamond discount right away and we received diamond benefits on our other cruises. The computer did not show the correct amount of cruise credits until about Nov but the account has been working since for us and it has our DEc. credits correct. Some people show it correct and others are still having problems with website accounts. You shouldn't have any problem booking a cruise by calling the C & A number not the RCCL number. :)

That's actually not the case for everyone. As I stated before, both the C & A system (that the reps see) and the website are wrong. Luckily, there are 3 of us sharing a cabin in April. The other 2 have been credited with our last cruise and are showing as platinum so we were able to get the balcony discount. Technically, the 2 of them got the discount because the invoice shows it divided between them. I was not included because the C & A system does not see me as platinum. So, if I was traveling with someone who was not platinum, I would not be getting the discount at this point.

4 different people have explained that the problem is the system created a new record for me from the last cruise instead of adding it to my existing record. They can't seem to explain how this happened when they had my C & A number but the result is I have one record with 4 credits and one record with 1 credit and no one seems to be able to combine them.

Suzanne! Your December cruise is listed?!? Mine hasn't shown up yet. My online page shows me 4 credits short even after their last fix. I shouldn't be too shocked though, I'm still waiting for my May 2007 cruise to show up. Somehow, September 2007 made it but no May or December.

It's odd that spelling differences could make a difference on their data, you'd think they would use the unduplicatable C&A number as the ID. You can't mispell numbers, or maybe they can.

my father had an issue w/ the website not giving all of his credits. he was told by RCCL to ignore the website, and as long as C&A shows him at the correct level when he called them then it was ok. they havent had him at the wrong level yet.....

he was told by C&A that ever since they started there new computer system it has been nothing but trouble....and to not go by it at all for credits.

also the actual crediting of cruise credits depends on the ship its self. sometimes you get them quickly...sometimes you dont. our dec cruise i had my credit within a week of getting off. ourfeb 1 cruise im still waiting to show up....go figure. but not to worry, as long as you call C&A and they have u correct then ur good to go....

greg

Add us to that 4-page list apparently. We've been haggling with C & A since about August when our July '07 cruise didn't show up. We've tried the e-mail system twice and have made at least 3 phone calls. We're working on it about every 4 or 5 weeks it seems. Last week I talked with a C&A rep who sniffed that she "can't believe no one has just taken care of this over the phone for you already. All they had to do is enter your credits manually. There, I've got you taken care of."

A week later, still no added credits. We'll keep calling.

My credits for our recent Enchantment cruise showed up on the cruise history yesterday, but the total credits remain incorrect. Credits from the Brilliance and Enchantment cruises haven't been added to the total. You'd think that if they can update the cruise history on the website, the total credits would get adjusted automatically.

Our cruise credits were up and listed--no problem.

Then about 3 weeks ago, they just disappeared

Have done what previous CCer's have done but still missing

we have a young grandson that could probably fix this mess ! LOL

I emailed C&A because my December cruise, making me platinum, has not been credited and the docs I received for my cruise in a couple of weeks said to let them know if the status was not right. The response I got was very familiar ... there's a computer problem, we've made a note of it, please see the loyalty ambassador onboard for your platinum perks if (when) it has not yet been resolved by your cruise date.

My husband and I just reached the Diamond level but our account only credits us with Platimum. In fact' date=' I am showing 6 credits with NO CRUISE HISTORY. My husband is showing 6 credits but his cruise history is listing 7 credits plus a TA is listed with 0 credits. Both of us should have 10 credits. This has been verified with the C&A.

We will not be sailing with RCCL until this matter is resolved.[/quote']

Sorry to see all the trouble you are having. Our last 3 cruises were not credited properly. Each time I booked a new cruise I would call and confirm the # of credits first. For some reason the RC people always had the right info so we were all set. This time I have my credit back but on the next line the same cruise has a 0 credit, it's given and taken back, They can't explain why. I like others, have credits for cruises taken with my husband which he has not been credited for. However, no matter what the web site says we have always received the right amenities/credits and level. If nothing else works just keep a record of your cruise bookings and fix it on the ship. Some discounts and credits aren't applied or even charged till then anyways. (it would be my belief that RC would credit any that were not) We had one credit applied on the ship last cruise because we didn't get stock confirmation till just before we left and RC advised us to show it on the ship. However, the desk told us it could have also been done once we returned. (Not sure if I would wait till then :cool:) Please don't take this advice wrong, it is after all, just my advice. I know the credits are a problem but I thought my good experience might give you some hope. I hope you don't give up on RCCL, we have tried a few other lines and while we may like the crew or staff better on one, food on another, variety of activities on another, etc. RC seems to be best all around without giving up toooo much.

also the actual crediting of cruise credits depends on the ship its self. sometimes you get them quickly...sometimes you dont. our dec cruise i had my credit within a week of getting off. ourfeb 1 cruise im still waiting to show up....go figure. but not to worry, as long as you call C&A and they have u correct then ur good to go....

greg

My 2 friends who were on the same cruise that I'm missing the credit for had theirs updated within a week of our return so it's apparently not a problem with the ship. My problem is that when I call C & A they don't have them correct on their system either so I'm not good to go.

I emailed C&A because my December cruise, making me platinum, has not been credited and the docs I received for my cruise in a couple of weeks said to let them know if the status was not right. The response I got was very familiar ... there's a computer problem, we've made a note of it, please see the loyalty ambassador onboard for your platinum perks if (when) it has not yet been resolved by your cruise date.

I've been told that same thing about seeing the LA if it's not correct when I check in. I've also seen other posts from people with this problem who did just that and it still wasn't corrected. One person was supposed to be Diamond but never got any of those perks for the cruise because the LA couldn't verify that she was missing any credits.

as long as we are getting the perks for the level we are in, i can have patience for them to get the system kinks worked out

I would be patient too if I was getting the perks for the level I have earned but that's not the case.

My cruise history shows 10, my cruise credits show 8. C&A has us at Diamond so as long as I get my Diamond status on Liberty in April, I can wait for the system to be fixed. C&A numerous times have assured us that we are Diamond in their system, so not to worried about it. It will be nice when they get the online system fixed eventually so everything matches.

Our credits are wrong online, but we are in the correct (Diamond)tier.

On our Nov. 07 cruise, we had a minor problem because our seapass card did not say diamond, so we had to fix that within 2 days (to get all our onboard benefits) with the LA. Inconvenience, but fixed immediately.

Since there is a "time delay" in getting credits posted, I make sure to keep copies of the invoices, etc. to prove which cruises we have been on just in case we have a problem.

I will continue to wait for the "catchup" to happen. Not concerned.

On our recent Feb. 17th Jewel cruise our DD and her DH did not get their Diamond status that they earned. When we went to the LA our DD had a total of 8 cruises even though this was her 11th and her DH had 9 (same address with C&A) but the list of cruises were cruises he had never been on :o.

Thank goodness we have a sense of humor otherwise he would have had a lot of explaining to do LOL.

Looks like this is going to be one complicated mess to clear up.

It's been good to read these posts, didn't realize so many others are having cruise credit discrepancies!! My cruise history says I have 7 cruises even though my cruise credits add up to 8...have emailed twice with only a canned response that my "email will be answered in the order in which it was received". I can only imagine how long that'll take, guess I'll be on terminal telephone hold with them in the next few days!!;)

Archived