Any mums sailed on Pacific Sun lately?

Cruisey Mum

Hoping to pick your brains - First time cruiser with 10 YO boy, he is looking forward to Shark Shack - any idea of their programmes? We have also been asked to choose 1st sitting (5.45) or 2nd sitting (8.15) for tea. Not sure what to do and what shows coincide with meals and if they are kid friendly?? We usually eat fairly late at home, but dont want to be too rushed with the 5.45 deadline, is there a reasonable afternoon snack??? Also what about the rush to come back from island touring then shower etc ready for tea..aaahhhh probaly sounds a bit "anal" but kids are different to adults - My husband and I can wait, but as you know kids dont have patience! PS Are there plenty of adult activities as well, hoping for an opportunity to revive the marraige!!

Hi Cruisey Mum

Here are the links to all the programs from our last cruise on the Sun which was July 07. http://www.users.on.net/~kiekens/index.htm

It is hard to say about dinner. There is a possibility that if you are on second seating that they may have a small buffet for the kids earlier but that is purely an onboard decision and varies from cruise to cruise. Not something you can count on.

Not matter which dining you go to you will have an opportunity to see the shows. First seating's shows are after dinner at 8pm from memory and second seatings can be beforehand at 6.30? or aftwards at 10pm which is probably a bit late for your 10yo. Most shows are suitable for children, comedians etc may put on a little raunchier version for the 10pm show.

There is afternoon tea every day at 3.30pm and you can always buy pizza etc if you cant wait for dinner. I have taken a couple of pieces of fruit or pastries from the buffet at breakfast/lunch back to my room for snacks.

Hi,

I went on the Sun with my sun who was 12. We were on the first sitting which I thought was great (except for rushing on formal nights) but Josh had much more fun in having dinner with me and than joining his newly found mates in the games arcade. I found Josh had about 3 breakfasts (all with different families) each day on the cruise, about 3 lunches (1 with me) each day on the cruise, but after all that the Dinner was enough for him (thank god!!) so don't worry about there being enough to eat. He did go to Shark shark but after making friends they were more interested in spending time around the pool - which I thought was great (away from the play station games). Josh loved every minute of the cruise and I am sure your son will as well. He did not go to any of the shows (too busy with his new mates). I hope he has a fantastic time and I hope you and your husband enjoy your time together!!;) ;)

We just got off the sun last saturday.

Shark shack changes everyday. The kids actually do a show towards the end of the week and get up on stage which is so cute. The kids also do a tour of the ship. Play station and making stuff.

As for dinner, we did the early dinner which worked well. Ugly dave gray did the shows and there were a few adult themes. not sure who will do the entertainment on your cruise though.

Heaps of adult entertainment and make sure you do the dance classes, thay are heaps of fun and so glad we did them. There is also bingo, the last winner won $6,600 but the average winner for all other games was about $1000 LOL

Have a great time.....

• 1 month later...
Hi Cruisey Mum

Here are the links to all the programs from our last cruise on the Sun which was July 07. http://www.users.on.net/~kiekens/index.htm

It is hard to say about dinner. There is a possibility that if you are on second seating that they may have a small buffet for the kids earlier but that is purely an onboard decision and varies from cruise to cruise. Not something you can count on.

Not matter which dining you go to you will have an opportunity to see the shows. First seating's shows are after dinner at 8pm from memory and second seatings can be beforehand at 6.30? or aftwards at 10pm which is probably a bit late for your 10yo. Most shows are suitable for children, comedians etc may put on a little raunchier version for the 10pm show.

There is afternoon tea every day at 3.30pm and you can always buy pizza etc if you cant wait for dinner. I have taken a couple of pieces of fruit or pastries from the buffet at breakfast/lunch back to my room for snacks.

Thank you very much for the link aussiedisneyfan! I showed my 9 year old son and he is rapt! I will have 3 in the next group down for the cruise as well.

Thanks also for the added advice!

mick

Archived