Dining - Tables for Two?

Shawski

My husband and I are looking at a Med cruise on Silversea in 2009. Thus far, we've only been on Regent. I was just wondering if Whisper has any tables for two in The Restaurant. Although my DH and I enjoy dining with others, we like to dine just the two of us on a few nights of the cruise.

Thanks

No problem whatsoever. On our 15 day Panama Canal on the Shadow (identical twin to the Whisper), there are literally more seats in the main Restaurant than the maximum number of passengers. We were always seated as we wanted .. "Good evening, Mr & Mrs Meow! I remember you want a table for two" .. was the usual greeting. A waiter would hold Mrs Meow's arm, and we would walk right to a table for two. That could be applied to all passengers.

For the breakfast buffet at the Terrace, only once did we have to sit with another couple because it was wet and windy that day, and nobody wanted to sit on the outside section of that reastaurant!

P.S. You can read the details in our thread on this column below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=680435

Hope this helps.

:) Good evening!

I have to agree with Meow. There are many tables for two. We also enjoy dining with different guests but on occasion we enjoy being on our own. Just ask the Maitre D for a table for two and he'll seat you either at a table for 2 or often at a table for 4 made up for 2.

Whatever you want....they will deliver. "Your wish is their command"

Remember if you have any favourite foods like Escargot, Fois Gras or Steak tartare. If it's not on the menu, doesn't mean they can't prepare it. Just ask your head waiter and they will have it for you the following night.....not a problem. Honestly, they enjoy making their guests happy. We actually asked for Steak Tartare and our head waiter prepared it for us right at our table. What a treat!!!!

It's amazing service like this that keeps us returning to Silverseas again and again.

Enjoy your voyage!!

ScottToronto.

Looking forward to our upcoming cruise on the Wind in about 74 days.

We were on the Wind last April, and although it is smaller, we never had a problem eating at a table for two. Often the Maitre D in the restaurant gave us what he called the Honeymooners table - which was a wondeful table in a well placed corner with a view of everything. (BTW we haven't been honeymooners for 20+ years!). We never had a problem in the Terrace for breakfast either.

Scott, I am SOOO jealous - we aren't back on the Wind until October. Have a great trip!

Michele

From a previous post "only once did we have to sit with another couple" . Do you really mean "HAVE to sit with" or could you say we had the opportinity to enjoy the company of someone or someones who had a wonderful story to tell about their life and their travels.

From a previous post "only once did we have to sit with another couple" . Do you really mean "HAVE to sit with" or could you say we had the opportinity to enjoy the company of someone or someones who had a wonderful story to tell about their life and their travels.

It was a rainy, windy morning, and nobody sat in the outside section of the Terrace. We went to get our buffet food, when we came out of the food area, a waiter took our plates, there were no two-tops left at that moment. Instead of waiting, the waiter suggested we join another couple and they smiled at us. So we sat down to have breakfast and had some polite chat with that nice couple.

P.S. On the Shadow/Whisper (identical ships and we had only been on the Shadow), be it in the Terrace or the main Restaurant, the tables are quite generously spaced apart, as in a good restaurant on land. They are not squeezed close together (as in a row with only six inch gaps) which you find on some mass market ships or some busy cafe on land.

Archived