Best beach for me?

emen822

Lisa,

We will be in Aruba in Jan. We have discussed going to Eagle beach . We also have discussed Baby Beach because we like to snorkle. What are your thoughts on Baby Beach? I know it is the furthest beach but what is the cost of the cab ride? Do you know what the chair rentals cost? I thought I read that there was a snack bar with rentals there and bathroom facilities. Is that true? Any help will be appreciated .

Thank You

Peggy

I'd love to know the approx cost for a taxi to Baby Beach as well!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Lisa

My wife and I will be arriving in Aruba on November 20th (Noordam)

We had planed on busing to Eagle for the day.... I'm seeing others talking about Palm Beach and Baby Beach and wondering if renting a car would be the answer to enable us to try out the various beaches.

How long will it take to drive to Baby Beach from the Cruise Port?

Is it worth the trip if I rent a car or Off road vehicle?

Is there free parking at both Eagle and Palm?

We are docking at 8Am and not leaving until midnight.

Thanks

Fred

You would only need a car to get to each of the three beaches.

Baby beach is the furthest and is about 20 minutes from the cruise ship terminal, give or take, depending on traffic. There was also some construction on the main road (not sure if it is complete) that traverses north to south so that may add on some addtional time.

There is parking at all of the beaches. Palm Beach the parking can be a little more difficult to find. One of the better spots is the park at the southern end of Palm Beach between the Divi Phoenix and Westin.

• 7 months later...

about three Julys ago. Loved the beach and the water. Very calm and extremely clear. As hotel guests, we had free chairs and palapas (Not cabanas, which may have been added since our visit). As the resort is at the "end" of the stretch of hotels of Eagle Beach, there is less activity. However, when we were there, there was a jet ski vendor at the end but it didn't really bother us. Actually gave us something to watch, as well as the banana boats, occasionally.

A word of caution, however: since this resort caters esp. to Dutch visitors, there is considerable topless sunbathing and swimming. The women and girls were not at all shy!

There is a bar there which we enjoyed, sometimes only leaving our spot to go to room to refresh ourselves. Ahhh heavenly.....

We did take the bus into town, quick and easy. We took a private tour of the island in a van with a driver who advertised with the AMBR. She was lovely and took us to the aloe factory/showroom. We had previously spent a day in Aruba on a port stop so she showed us other areas.

We will be stopping in Aruba during an upcoming cruise and I intend to go back there. Palm Beach is too commercial and busy. I want peace and quiet!

One other thing: we were amused and often startled by the plunging pelicans here, the water is that clear!

Archived