Direct transfer from Whittier to ANC am.

southwardbound

I am trying to find a shuttle service direct from Whittier to Anchorage airport car rental. We have scheduled a long drive from Anchorage to Denali that day and would like to take an early shuttle from the port to the airport in Anchorage to get our rental car. We could get a rental from Whittier but it is about $450.00 more to do so. Has anyone ever used Alaska Timber Wolf Tours? Any other direct service that you know about? In my search, I am coming up empty.Thanks for your imput.:)

Me too!

This is what we are doing, except picking up our car from downtown. I found one website, but it was way too confusing without any useful information other than to call. Oh, well! I suppose I can call!

Thanks,

Michael

I've booked a direct shuttle from Whittier to the airport through Alaska Transportation Group (alaskatransportation.net). Its a no frills bus transport that doesn't make any stops and seems to be a good deal at $35 pp. Most everything else I've seen is about $55. We're renting a car in Anchorage for the day and want as much time as possible to sightsee before our 10 pm flight. My biggest concern is being off the ship and ready to go when the bus leaves at 8:45 am. I've heard that you disembark based on flight time priority. I've called Princess and they say they can accomodate us though, so you may want to check on that. Thought of just renting a car in Whittier, but with the drop fees its about $270 for the day. We can do the transfer and the rental car for about $150. Just hope I can get the timing worked out.

For what its worth, I did talk with Kenny Timberwolf...heck of an interesting and very knowledgeable guy, but this direct transfer was more what we were looking for.

My biggest concern is being off the ship and ready to go when the bus leaves at 8:45 am. I've heard that you disembark based on flight time priority. I've called Princess and they say they can accomodate us though, so you may want to check on that. Thought of just renting a car in Whittier, but with the drop fees its about $270 for the day. We can do the transfer and the rental car for about $150. Just hope I can get the timing worked out.

QUOTE]

For clairfication, although you will be given a "time" for disembarkment, you just can get in line and walk off the ship- bye bye. :) It's up to you to be ready to go.

we are doing the same thing when we get off the princess coral. i'm deciding between booking a transfer with princess or going with an independent. we just want to get to anchorage airport as quickly and directly as possible to pick up the rental and head out to denali.

Has anyone used alaska transportation group and can recommend?

thanks, ellen

Archived