Luggage storage in Newark??

We will be arriving back in Bayonne off the Explorer early in the morning and do not have a flight out of Newark until 7 pm in the evening. Is there any way to store our luggage and spend the day in NYC or even at a Mall close to Newark airport. Is there an easy transfer from the airport to NYC any advice would be appreciated.

We will be arriving back in Bayonne off the Explorer early in the morning and do not have a flight out of Newark until 7 pm in the evening. Is there any way to store our luggage and spend the day in NYC or even at a Mall close to Newark airport. Is there an easy transfer from the airport to NYC any advice would be appreciated.

Due to high-security, they do not allow luggage storage at any NY airport or mall. Usually the ships offer an excursion for those with late flights of a tour of NYC and then they bring you and your luggage directly to the airport.

I have (had) the same problem in Miami next week. I called American Airlines and they said I could check my bags up to 24 hours in advance. So we are getting off Victory and heading to the airport to check luggage and then our hands will be free in Miami!! I'm renting a van for the 7 hours we have until our flight. $60.00 through Dollar.com, cheaper than the transfer for the ten of us from the port to Miami international.

Go to the Marriott Newark Airport and check your bags with the concierge (call because there may be a charge to do this) and go in the restaurant and have a light breakfast. Take the shuttle to the airport and from the airport take the Airtrain into Manhattan.

I wouldn't do this if I couldn't get to the airport by 10AM because logistically you wouldn't have any time in Manhattan if you leave later.

Otherwise, inquire about a day rate at the hotel or rent a car and visit the Jersey Gardens Mall.

I have (had) the same problem in Miami next week. I called American Airlines and they said I could check my bags up to 24 hours in advance. So we are getting off Victory and heading to the airport to check luggage and then our hands will be free in Miami!! I'm renting a van for the 7 hours we have until our flight. $60.00 through Dollar.com, cheaper than the transfer for the ten of us from the port to Miami international.

Two things:

I fly AA a whole lot and I think you were given the wrong info. AA generally won't check bags more than 4 hours pre flight. Just too much chance of bags missing, ending up on the wrong flight, etc. etc. I would check this info again.

And doesn't Carnival offer the BAGS program or whatever it is called? You actually check your luggage on the ship, walk it through customs when you disembark, then immediately hand it to the airline reps. You do not see the luggage again until you reach your destination airport.

I don't specifically see Carnival listed on the AA website, but this was last years list and info.

http://www.aa.com/aa/pubcontent/en_US/urls/advanceBagCheck.jsp

I think the agent misunderstood the question. You can check yourself in 24 hours ahead of time but I doubt you can check you luggage for your flight any more than three or four hours ahead of time. There is no way MIA could keep up with all the luggage.

The airport does have a luggage storage facility.

http://www.miami-airport.com/html/passenger_faq.html

If you are going to rent the van, you can always leave the suitcases in the van while you go to the mall. But how will you get the van? I am not familiar with Bayonne pier, is there a rental car place there?

I thought of something else, but it might be expensive. You can probably have a limo pick you up and drive you around for five hours, maybe take you to Liberty State Park to see the Statue of Liberty, or even go to a few landmarks in Manhattan, and then drop you off at Newark.

Archived