Meeting held on Constellation - The "Art" of Dining A New Culinary Vision

nooosey

We went to look and take pics of the Midnight Buffet on our first cruise. Lets face it, it's just beautifully presented left-overs. The sculptures are nice and it all looks impressive, but it's ridiculous to keep doing it when the turnout is so small. We always eat at main seating because we can't sleep on full stomachs so there's no way we ever eat after midnight. DH hasn't gone to look since the 3rd cruise (out of 8) and I forgot to go take pics on the last 4. Years ago I think most cruise ships had buffets like that every night and now it's poorly attended once a cruise. The logical step would be to do away with them. I've heard some have done that already.

Hi Garry !

Why not have it in the Main Dining Room instead of the typical Lunch ? This would be far better than anything Celebrity offers for Lunch currently. I still think it is a good idea :)

Maybe so Andy, but I'm not sure the staff could handle it since the buffet will be open at that time.

Garry

We were asked what we thought when we were on Constellation. Shame but we agreed, cancel it. Dinner that night is always rushed, and then, midnight is too early to eat again, the staff and especially the chefs team must go to no end of work, only for it to be poorly attended.

Cancel it.. and no vote either for through the day either unless on cold winter destinations. Waste of time on a caribbean cruise when the sun is shining. Good for TA cruises etc when there are many sea days in cooler weather conditions. JMHO!;)

I am pleased that my origional posting has brought forward so many thoughtful comments and opinions on the recent meeting held on board Constellation.

My views on the midnight buffet concur that a lunchtime grand buffet possibly on the final sea day held in the dining room would be appreciated. A smaller cruiseline with two medium sized ships hold such a buffet, this is always well attended and enjoyed.

At the origional meeting a comment was also made that the complimentary Concierge Class evening horderves delivered to cabins were tasteless and often not eaten.

nooosey

Archived