how to get to port in Bangkok (Laem Chabang)?

swill

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Gillian2']I, too, would be interested in the limo company name. Also, hunter-afri, I would love to hear about your trip in November. I am booked on a similar one in August.
Thanks,
Gillian[/QUOTE]
Hi gillian; We leave for Paris in a couple of weeks, spend a day there and then fly to BKK, where we will spend 3 nights before our cruise. At the end of the cruise, we will spend a couple of days in Cape Town and then fly to Johannesburg then to Lusaka and then by private plane to Robins Pope Camp, which is located in the middle of the Luanga River. When we arrive at the airfield, we will be taking a four wheel drive vehicle to the island (they don't have to protect against carnevores there). This camp is and location is like Africa used to be like 100 years ago. I have been to Africa 5 times previously and am really looking forward to this safari. You can go to [url="http://www.robinspopesafaris.net"]www.robinspopesafaris.net[/url] and click on the top for the brochure.

Go to the roll call for Princess Cruises and look up the Royal Princess (mistakenly entitled Nov 16, Bangkok to Cape Town) for more comments. I would be happy to let you know about anything else about this coming trip or anyother trip.

Warmest Regards,

You have a fabulous time, hunterafri! Thanks for all your advice. I will be checking out the Camps Bay Terrace web site!
I asked on Fodors.com about mini safaris and got a scathing reply. Cruise Critic posters are on the whole so very helpful.
I hope you write a review after the trip.
Take care.
Gillian

[quote name='Gillian2']You have a fabulous time, hunterafri! Thanks for all your advice. I will be checking out the Camps Bay Terrace web site!
I asked on Fodors.com about mini safaris and got a scathing reply. Cruise Critic posters are on the whole so very helpful.
I hope you write a review after the trip.
Take care.
Gillian[/QUOTE]
One suggestion on mini safaris, check with ELAINE PORTEOUS of AFRICAN ODYSSEY, 1-866-486-9351. Elaine is an ex-South African who now lives in Miami. She is the person who gave me a whole lot of choices for my safari. She has also done a one day adventure for Cape Town. She has info on all of Africa.

Best Regards,

• 4 months later...
Derrick,

You are in our Beijing Busters Roll Call. Have you booked a transfer yet? We are arranging for a van in Bangkok with others in the roll call. Are you interested in joining the group?

We are also looking into a transfer in Beijing, would you be interested in joining that one?

Gail

• 3 weeks later...
I have a private car service that will carry 2-6 passengers for 1800THB(car) or 2200THB(van).
They are on the web at orientalescape.com.

Sam

[quote name='swill']Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to get from the city of Bangkok to the port of Laem Chabang?

We're on the 27 June sailing of Pacific Princess and have booked 2 nights in downtown Bangkok. Just need to figure out a way to the ship! Thanks for your assistance in advance.

<font size="2" color="#0000FF">
Pacific Princess (6/27/04, 16 nt Bangkok - Beijing)
Celebrity Millenium (8/1/03, 13 nt Mediterranean)
Celebrity Galaxy (12/13/02, W. Carib)
Splendour of the Seas (9/8/02, W. Med)
Dawn Princess (1/26/02, So. Carib)
Voyager of the Seas (7/22/01, W. Carib)</font>[/QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...
The Pacific Princess is now usining the Unithai pier in Bangkok. It is on all the Its. Recheck your travel plans. Last year the Star Princess used Laem Chebang and we paid $90 for a Limo from the Holiday Inn. A very nice hotel. We will be on the PP on Aug 11th.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='jig']The Pacific Princess is now usining the Unithai pier in Bangkok. It is on all the Its. Recheck your travel plans.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right--I noticed this switch on the intinerary listings on the Princess website. Can any recent cruisers verify, so we don't show up at the wrong port like some cruisers on Hiltner's cruise.

Which princess web site was this?
Was it the one where you enter in your cuise booking ref number?

[quote name='ratherBcruzin']I think you are right--I noticed this switch on the intinerary listings on the Princess website. Can any recent cruisers verify, so we don't show up at the wrong port like some cruisers on Hiltner's cruise.[/QUOTE]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
[quote name='calexand']We are using a limo service from the docks total cost 2300 Bht or approx. 53.Us. All booked ready for are Nov. 17 pickup to Bangkok.

Carol[/quote]

Carol, Where did you find a limo from the docks to BKK for $53? Are there many cabs waiting for fares? Mary Kay

I recommend having a reservation before you arrive. The dock is small and 2 hours from the city. There is a fair amount of caos when you disembark. There are cabs there but Princess seems to organize them which could be more expensive. Also once again it is a container port... they need a special permit to get in.

By the way if you have a small group with a private transfer let Princess know ahead of time you will get off the ship earlier. You can do it even if you get individual people you know that have private hires to form a group. Name a group lead and give Princess all the names and state rooms mid trip. Some who were not in a group but had a private hire didn't get off the ship until after 1PM on our cruise.

We hired Airport Transportthai for the same fee. The service was terrific with new air conditioned vans. They can also provide city tours for those who are interested.

The contact is Mr. Nattasak.

Airport Transportthai co.,Ltd.
Booking 24hrs. : [email]airporttransportthai@hotmail.com[/email]
[email]booking@airporttransportthai.com[/email] , [url]www.airporttransportthai.com[/url]
Tel. +66 2 9646493 Fax : +66 2 5830029
Hotline 24hrs.: 09-6197408

• 2 months later...
Greetings
could we please have an update on this thread for passengers on P&O Pacific Sky. Laem Chabang is an overnight stop on the current cruise season and any information on tips for getting to and from Bangkok on your own steam would be appreciated. Ship arrives 0800 Tuesday and departs 1600 Wednesday.
Regards TEALBIRDS

Tealbirds,

This port is about 2 hours from Bangkok. If you have an overnight stay I would suggest getting a hotel in downtown Bangkok, The Marriott is gorgeous and had early online booking rates when we went. You will waste too much time going back and forth and not be able to see very much.

The service we used is:Airport Transport Thai [airporttransportthai@hotmail.com]
They gave us excellent service from the port and were also able to provide touring services once in Bangkok. If you give them your times they will be able to work out the best touring for you.

Bangkok is a wonderful city to tour, there is much to see. If you only have a day and a half you will want to return to see more another time.

Have a great cruise.

Archived