Lobster Tail Tales

IHATESNOW

We all know there’s that lobster tail night and well….., I’ve been so bold as to order two before. Being from New England I can chow some serious lobster, so two was restraining for me. Now who is going to step up to the plate and let us know just how bad they are?

My husband and I got two each also! I could have gone for another cause I love lobster and have it so rarely. It was our first cruise and we went to the Captain's party before dinner. It was there that we learned from more experienced cruisers that you could order as much as you liked at dinner...which made sense when we really thought about it since it was all pre-paid.

OK, here I go. The Lobster may have been the single worst meal of the cruise. While flavor wise it was good, It was tough and slightly dry. It was served with Black Tiger Shrimp and they were fine, but the tail was tough.

there ya go. I said it. I am ashamed of myself now.

If I get it, I usually give it to someone else. I guess I'm optimistic thinking that one of these days I'll get one that is really good... Now, the lobster in the supper club? I could eat a few of those :D I'm a lobster lover and a bit of a lobster snob... If it weren't for the soups, I could probably pass on the first formal night!! LOL!

Mass production is hard to do but I get it and enjoy it. One cruise we ordered it, and I ordered a steak as well for my surf and turf. The waiter asked if anyone want more and a few hands went up so he brought a platter of lobster tails and placed it in the middle of the table. I think most had three that night.

Here's my tail tale:

I'm originally from New England (transplanted to Florida). I too, think that lobster is overrated. That being said, on my Inspiration cruise I decided to try it. It was listed as "Maine" lobster which I found unusual because my past experience was that they always had the Florida/Caribbean variety which I can't stand. I found that it was pretty good - certainly not the best I ever had - but decent. And it looked like and had the consistency of Maine lobster.

BTW - I only had one tail. Of course I also had prime rib that night (The Horror!!!). A little impromptu surf and turf.

This wasn't on Carnival, but on RCCL. It was our first cruise, and on Lobster night, my daughter, 13 at the time, and no more than 90 pounds dripping wet, at 4 lobster tails! We were just amazed. But, not to be outdone, my cousin, who is known for his eating abilities, ate 8! No joke, he seriously ate 8 of those lobster tails! I had two and felt like a glutton! It was quite a sight to see.....:eek:

Off from the Glory Two weeks ago.. I ate Three New England Lobsters, all Tails, no Claws... I kid you not, I saw A gut Eat Seven Lobster tails at Dinner .. So, go for it ! Plus the best part, they even gave you melted Butter !

In the Afternoon, my Wife and I take a Walk to the Resturant,the front entrance. you can check the Menu on the board, what they are serving that night.. Don't Miss out !!!

you can get it on the interactive TV as well. You can even see what they are eating at the supper club that evening.

Cruised the Destiny 2 years ago and the lobster was 'ok'. I am a bit biased being from Maine. .It certainly did not taste /look like Maine lobster.

Secondly.. who wants the nasty tail.. the claw is much better!! Wonder what they do with all those ??

Cruised the Destiny 2 years ago and the lobster was 'ok'. I am a bit biased being from Maine. .It certainly did not taste /look like Maine lobster.

Secondly.. who wants the nasty tail.. the claw is much better!! Wonder what they do with all those ??

If I remember right they used them in the gumbo or something? I thought I remember reading something in a soup or what not that had lobster claw?? Plus I am sure they are buying the tail frozen in bulk.

We all know there’s that lobster tail night and well….., I’ve been so bold as to order two before. Being from New England I can chow some serious lobster, so two was restraining for me. Now who is going to step up to the plate and let us know just how bad they are?

Hi, I tried to put the same count down clock you have in my signature and it messed up my whole signature. they had to clear my signature. How did you get yours to work?

IHATESNOW and MaxCircus, how did you find the seafood overall, being from New England ? I think we are mostly all spoiled by our New England seafood and most New Englanders ARE seafood snobs if they like fish. How are the fish and chips ?

Mass production is hard to do but I get it and enjoy it. One cruise we ordered it, and I ordered a steak as well for my surf and turf. The waiter asked if anyone want more and a few hands went up so he brought a platter of lobster tails and placed it in the middle of the table. I think most had three that night.

I saw this same thing happen on our Mariner of the Seas cruise 2 years ago. I had wanted to order an extra lobster tail but DH didn't want me to, so I didn't. :( Later I saw the waiter for the table right next to us bring out a platter of 6 lobster tails. I was so mad at DH!! :D

On our recent Glory cruise I did order the lobster/shrimp at dinner, and asked the waiter if I could please have an extra lobster tail on the side. He brought me two complete dinners. I hated to waste the rest of the food though. I didn't see any of the waiters bringing plates of extra lobster tails to any tables though. Maybe one way their cutting back? The lobster tails were good, but smaller than our past cruises. :(

It was listed as "Maine" lobster which I found unusual because my past experience was that they always had the Florida/Caribbean variety which I can't stand. I found that it was pretty good - certainly not the best I ever had - but decent. And it looked like and had the consistency of Maine lobster.

quote]

On my last cruise I had the lobster and I have to agree with you it sucks. I am from Maritimes in Atlantic Canada, and caribbean lobster has a funky taste and it didn't help that I think it was over cooked.

Archived